Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Invoke Procedure Help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Invoke Procedure Help Post 302572913 by galford on Friday 11th of November 2011 04:56:25 PM
Old 11-11-2011
Thank you. Works fine.

Any extra help to make the script multi-thread? I got an example:
Code:
CMD=`ps -eaf | grep -c smtp.php`
if [ "$CMD" -lt "10" ]; then
    perl x.pl ....
else
        sleep 15
fi
done

To insert this in the connect file... Of course needs a fix.

Also if gets timeout output to an ip. To move to the next in line.

Thanks,
Galford D. Weller

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags <- click the link!

Last edited by vbe; 11-12-2011 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: code tags also keep the formatting you done...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to invoke shell script

hi everybody, i learning unix now only.Can u pls guide me in invoking a shell script.Actually i need to know how to write the command for invoking the shell script.Suppose the shell file name is count , then how i will write the command. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopa_mani
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoke same script twice

hey, can I invoke the same script twice simultaneously? I want both instances to run at the same time with different parameters. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke Terminal Without Profile

Hey, I need to open a terminal via a shell script, but i need it to not read any of the start up files. So far I was thinking something along the lines of this but it was unsuccessfull !#bin/sh /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app/Contents/MacOS/Terminal --noprofile any ideas on how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meskue
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoke ksh in SunOS 5.7

Hi I have the following in .kshrc file set -o allexport HOSTNAME=$(uname -n) HISTSIZE=50 EDITOR=vi ENV=$HOME/.kshrc PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local:/etc/bin/:/bin:/usr/local/bin:. bind =complete set +o allexport clear and I have the following in .profile umask 077... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OOM KIller INVOKE

Hi I have written a code that will exhaust the memory completely by allocating it and not freeing it. The OOM killer as expected in invoked and it killed a few high memory using processes and their childs. But after that, though the system is not getting hung, it is not printing any msgs in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: subratasaharia
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to invoke ESC+K

How to invoke ESC+K to get recent commands in Korn Shell. In some of the unix machine ESC+K is available and in some machines, it does not work. All of the machines that I work have Korn shell. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to invoke an URL

Hi, I am trying to invoke an service using URL. I want to know how to call that url with nohup. nohup links "__http://Administrator:assword@ServName:8080/invoke/wm.server.admin/shutdown?bounce=no&option=force&timeout=0" & I am trying to run this command on unix command prompt, But in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: swap27
8 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Invoke an exe file!!

Hello, Thank you for reading my Thread. I am very very new to Perl / Shell Scripting here. I m assigned some tasks here. I have an exe file on our server. I have to navigate to the path and invoke the exe file. Can someone please guide me with that. Thanks you, Skaranth (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skaranth
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget invoke a button

Hi I have a certain URL(ABC TV Network - Shows, Episodes, Schedules & Programming - ABC.com) and I want to invoke a button (say abc) in it from BASH. How should I do it using wget? Any help! Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
2 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/ksh93, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/ksh93, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh, and /usr/sfw/bin/zsh. /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells could cause unexpected behavior, such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1). FILES
/etc/shells list of shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.11 20 Nov 2007 shells(4)