Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX errors from output /usr/bin/last Post 302572518 by vbe on Thursday 10th of November 2011 08:05:18 AM
Old 11-10-2011
I have no IA64 (anymore) to see what it could be, it is going to ask some guessing... and trying...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory when doing crontab

I just set up an ftp server with Red Hat 5.2. I am doing the work, I'm baby stepping, but it seems like every step I get stuck. Currently, I'm trying to set up a crontab job, but I'm getting the following message: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory. I see that vi exists in /bin/vi,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between /bin, /usr/bin, /sbin ?

Hi All, Can somebody tell me the difference between /bin, /usr/bin, /sbin ? Thanx in advance, Saneesh Joseph (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saneeshjose
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How do I link ld in /usr/ucb/ to /usr/ccs/bin?

Hi all, below is the problem details: ora10g@CNORACLE1>which ld /usr/ucb/ld ora10g@CNORACLE1>cd /usr/ccs/bin ora10g@CNORACLE1>ln -s /usr/ucb/ld ld ln: cannot create ld: File exists ora10g@CNORACLE1> how to link it to /usr/ccs/bin? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias /usr/bin to /bin in profile

Hi! All the basic linux commands, ie. echo, find, etc, are located in /bin. I have a couple of programs that have these commands pointed towards /usr/bin, ie, /usr/bin/echo (even though the actual 'echo' command is in /bin). How can I alias or redirect or link the /usr/bin to /bin just for this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dancerat
6 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

6. Solaris

What is the difference between xpg4/bin and usr/bin?

Hi Experts, I found that the same commands(sort, du, df, find, grep etc.) exists in both dir. What is the difference to use them? i.e: to use xpg4/bin/grep and usr/bin/grep My OS version is SunOS 5.10 Regards, Saps (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX -/usr/bin/expect shows output Don't know why.

Hi, I have been programming with the expect program for a while now and have create a series of menu driven checks for the operations team. One thing I have noticed is that I call a remote script and pass parameters and this is display on the screen....for example. Within the script ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakky
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to link sed from /usr/bin/sed to /usr/local/bin/sed?

Hi Guys, OS:- Solaris 10 64Bit I have a small query. On one server a user is facing sed command issue. He gets error regarding sed for this location /users/hoy/2999/batch5/bin/internal.sh: /usr/local/bin/sed: not found How ever the sed is actually present at this location on server:-... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
13 Replies

9. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies
RFIO_OPEN(3)						      Rfio Library Functions						      RFIO_OPEN(3)

NAME
rfio_open - opens a file SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include "rfio_api.h" int rfio_open (const char *path, int flags, int mode); Under Linux, for large files: #define _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE #include <sys/types.h> #include "rfio_api.h" int rfio_open64 (const char *path, int flags, int mode); For large files, under other systems: #include <sys/types.h> #include "rfio_api.h" int rfio_open64 (const char *path, int flags, int mode); DESCRIPTION
rfio_open opens the file whose name is the string pointed to by path, a character string containing the filename specification, and asso- ciates a FILE stream with it. flags are formed by ORing the following values: O_RDONLY Open for reading only O_WRONLY Open for writing only O_RDWR Open for reading and writing O_NDELAY Do not block on open O_APPEND Append on each write O_CREAT Create file if it does not exist O_TRUNC Truncate size to 0 O_EXCL Error if create and file exists O_LARGEFILE When size can be superior to 2GB-1. See NOTES mode specifies the permission bits to be set if the file is created. Opening a file with O_APPEND set causes each write on the file to be appended to the end. If O_TRUNC is specified and the file exists, the file is truncated to zero length. If O_EXCL is set with O_CREAT, then if the file already exists, the open returns an error. This can be used to implement a simple exclusive access locking mechanism. If O_EXCL is set and the last component of the pathname is a symbolic link, the open will succeed even if the symbolic link points to an existing name. If the O_NDELAY flag is specified and the open call would result in the process being blocked for some reason (for example waiting for a carrier on a dial-up line), the open returns immediately. The first time the process attempts to perform IO on the open file, it will block (not currently implemented). On systems that support the Large Files, O_LARGEFILE in rfio_open allows files whose sizes cannot be represented in 31 bits to be opened. RETURN VALUE
If successful, returns a non-negative integer which may be used to refer to the file on subsequent rfio_write, rfio_read and rfio_close calls. On failure, rfio_open returns -1 and the error code is stored in serrno. ERRORS
ENOENT The named file/directory does not exist or is a null pathname. EACCES Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix. EBUSY Device or resource busy. Happens if you try to open in write mode a LCG file that is in an active migration stream. EFAULT path is a NULL pointer. ENOTDIR A component of path prefix is not a directory. ENAMETOOLONG The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN. SENOSHOST Host unknown. SENOSSERV Service unknown. SECOMERR Communication error. SEE ALSO
Castor_limits(4),rfio_write(3),rfio_read(3),rfio_close(3) NOTES
On Irix, Tru64 and IA64 the 64 bit mode is the default one, open and open64 are identical. The flag O_LARGEFILE is accepted on Irix and IA64 (where it has no effect) but not on Tru64. On all other platforms, rfio_open with O_LARGEFILE is equivalent to a call to rfio_open64. AUTHOR
LCG Grid Deployment Team LCG
$Date: 2005/03/31 13:13:03 $ RFIO_OPEN(3)