Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cron tab script with parameters Post 302572417 by pandeesh on Thursday 10th of November 2011 01:57:31 AM
Old 11-10-2011
Cron tab script with parameters

hi,

In a cron tab, can the command to be executed contain parametrs for the script too?

E.g:
Code:
******* ./script.sh file fil2 > /dev/null

Is the above valid one?

Thanks

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment You have 37 posts - you should know how and when to use code tags. You got a PM with instructions.

Last edited by zaxxon; 11-10-2011 at 03:24 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Tab problem

I have a script that is being called from cron job . This script further call 3 scripts which runs in the background . main script ( called from cron ) { script1 & script2 & script3 & } How to know when the main script is over ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul123_libra
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron tab help need

need help to write crontab my crontabe file every minute to rsh and check that it is running or not i want to change it on every 1o minute please help me example of my crontab #check if system is running * * * * * rsh metal3 /users/test/run.server i want to check that every 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepa20
2 Replies

3. Solaris

cron tab setting

hi guys , i need some help i want to set cron job for every sunday , of each month so any body plz help or this proble :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kbharat20
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Tab help

Hi All I have a requirement to schedule my script through cron tab. I have 2 scripts to schedule. Case1:My script should run every day in the server.It should be triggered in every 2 mins interval.i.e suppose i implemented the script now my script should run every 2 mins.How can i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron tab query

Hi In my Unix server more than 500 cron jobs are scheduled daily and weekly basics. Now,I would like to know only list of JOBs,which are running only on 14th of every month? How can i find only which are all jobs will be scheduled only on 14th. Please tell me the script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron tab

Hi, We have a couple of jobs are scheduled in CRONTAB. Now. I want generate a report for each job how many times ran successful and failed in a 1 month of time period. is there any way to find in CRONTAB. Please advise on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with the cron tab.

Hi, I have a cron tab file , which executes a particular script in a scheduled time and creates a output file. Since the cron tab file was created by the root , there is no access permission( for the output files) for other users irrespective of the default directory permission on which the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BalajiUthira
5 Replies

8. Programming

error in running script in cron tab

Hi I am running the following script in cron tab: #!/usr/local/bin/php <?php $handle=fopen('xmlfile.xml',"w"); $xmlfile= file_get_contents('http://diur-plus.2me.co.il/xml.aspx'); fwrite($handle,$xmlfile); fclose($handle); /* * To change this template, choose Tools |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script runs good manually but not through Cron tab

Hello Every one, I have a shell script which is running fine manually, but its giving me hard time when running tru cron job. :wall:. Am using #!/usr/bin/ksh >echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh Cron Job is as below, it execues but dosent do what i want it to do. 47 15 * * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren.chowdhary
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron tab time generation script

Hi folks, Everyone knows about crontab, what i am looking for a script where i will define hour,minute and day and it will generate crontab complete time entry, i have seen many website generating crontab entry and my question is that is there any shell script that can do same work. 20 09... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies
MOD-ACTIVE(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						     MOD-ACTIVE(8)

NAME
mod-active - Batch processing of newsgroups creation and removal commands SYNOPSIS
mod-active [ctlinnd-command-file ...] DESCRIPTION
mod-active is a Perl script that updates the active file based on its input lines of ctlinnd "newgroup", "rmgroup" and "changegroup" commands. It pauses the server briefly while the existing active file is read and rewritten, which not only keeps innd from updating the active file but also locks against other instances of mod-active. The script must be run as the news user. The input to mod-active can come either from one or more ctlinnd-command-file files named on the command line, or from the standard input. Typically its input is the output from the docheckgroups or actsync commands. Every line which contains the string "ctlinnd newgroup", "ctlinnd rmgroup", or "ctlinnd changegroup", optionally preceded by whitespace and/or the path to ctlinnd, is noted for the update. Redundant commands, such as a newgroup directive for a group that already exists, are silently ignored. All other lines in the input are also silently ignored. After the new active file has been generated, the existing one is renamed to active.old and the new one is moved into place. The script then displays the differences between the two files. Any groups that were added to the active file are also added to the active.times file with the string "checkgroups-update". Please note that no syntax checking is performed on group names by mod-active. BUGS
Though innd is paused while mod-active works, it is not inconceivable that there could be a conflict if something else tries to update the active file during the relatively short time that mod-active is working. The two most realistic ways for this to happen are either by an administrator concurrently doing a manual ctlinnd command, or by innd receiving a control message, then mod-active pausing the server, then the control message handler script that innd forked running its own ctlinnd command while mod-active is working. Note that such scenarios are very unlikely to happen. HISTORY
Written by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org> for InterNetNews. Converted to POD by Julien Elie. SEE ALSO
active(5), active.times(5), actsync(8), ctlinnd(8), docheckgroups(8), innd(8). INN 2.5.3 2011-06-10 MOD-ACTIVE(8)