Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clean up the space
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Clean up the space Post 302572156 by zaxxon on Wednesday 9th of November 2011 09:24:37 AM
Old 11-09-2011
Here is a video tutorial how to use code tags:
Click me!.
Please edit your post above and add some code tags, not just "Code:", thanks.

You have to know your way around and delete stuff manually. Most things have to be done manually, some can be automated, but some are just too dangerous to automate them, especially deleting in several different places etc..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Directory clean up

I want to write a script in ksh that will delete file that are more than 2 weeks old. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jango
4 Replies

2. Programming

how to clear/clean mbufs (network buffer space)?

When I worked with client-server (socket) programming, I encountered "the socket error# 10055" which means "No buffer space available". This might be a symptom of one or more applications that didn't return system resources (like memory) properly. Temporary solution was to reboot the machine to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipti
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

clean /etc/hosts

hi all, i need to write a script. it should be able to clean the /etc/hosts file like this: first field is the ip (what else ;)) second field is the fqdn (full qualified domain name) third field is the hostname the fourth to n'th field is the rest. i hope you understand what is needed?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DukeNuke2
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space Clean Up Activity In Unix

Hi I am trying to develop a script so that whenever used % reaches 90% it will send an alert mail. Following is the script whic I am tryiing to implement but it show some error. code: #! /bin/ksh df -v | grep -i "/opt" | awk '{print $6}' > space if ] then echo "ALERT YOUR SPACE IS TOO... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get just the word and clean the white space?

Hi, I need to check if the value returned by this query is bigger then 20000. It's not working! I think that the problem is that the return is with white spaces. How to solve this? Tks, Paulo Portugal. ####################### RESPOSTA=`/oracle/app/product/10.2/bin/sqlplus -s <<EOF / as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulofp
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me clean this up

UNIX amature/novice. I've written a script (it works) that needs to be cleaned up. I'm searching for a way to perform a "go to , perform this then return" section of code. The books I have and searches i"ve done so far do not show me how to do this. I've pasted in the current code below. I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scanner248
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to clean PV id?

When I run command: >chdev -l hdisk1 -a pv=clear It shows Method error (/etc/methods/chgdisk): 0514-062 Cannot perform the requested function because the specified device is busy. run: #>fuser -kxuc /dev/raw1 /dev/raw1: How to clean PV id? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to clean this script?

Hello guys, this script partially works but it's still pretty ugly and, moreover, if the month is jan/feb/mar... it doesn't work at all. Could anyone say me how to correct, cut and clean a little bit? #!/usr/bin/ksh egrep -v -e "^\s*#" /file/permission | awk '{ print $1 }' | sort | uniq... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
3 Replies
SVNPATH(1)																SVNPATH(1)

NAME
svnpath - output svn url with support for tags and branches SYNOPSIS
svnpath svnpath tags svnpath branches svnpath trunk DESCRIPTION
svnpath is intended to be run in a Subversion working copy. In its simplest usage, svnpath with no parameters outputs the svn url for the repository associated with the working copy. If a parameter is given, svnpath attempts to instead output the url that would be used for the tags, branches, or trunk. This will only work if it's run in the top-level directory that is subject to tagging or branching. For example, if you want to tag what's checked into Subversion as version 1.0, you could use a command like this: svn cp $(svnpath) $(svnpath tags)/1.0 That's much easier than using svn info to look up the repository url and manually modifying it to derive the url to use for the tag, and typing in something like this: svn cp svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/trunk svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/tags/1.0 svnpath uses a simple heuristic to convert between the trunk, tags, and branches paths. It replaces the first occurrence of trunk, tags, or branches with the name of what you're looking for. This will work ok for most typical Subversion repository layouts. If you have an atypical layout and it does not work, you can add a ~/.svnpath file. This file is perl code, which can modify the path in $url. For example, the author uses this file: #!/usr/bin/perl # svnpath personal override file # For d-i I sometimes work from a full d-i tree branch. Remove that from # the path to get regular tags or branches directories. $url=~s!d-i/(rc|beta)[0-9]+/!!; $url=~s!d-i/sarge/!!; 1 LICENSE
GPL version 2 or later AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 SVNPATH(1)