Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting pass null value to sql script from korn shell script Post 302571946 by megha2525 on Tuesday 8th of November 2011 04:19:14 PM
Old 11-08-2011
Hi Corona668

Do u mean I can pass the parameters this way ?

Code:
PARAM1 = "${1-NULL}" 

sqlplus -s /nolog @$sqlfile $PARAM1

Last edited by megha2525; 11-09-2011 at 10:57 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass pl/sql table values to shell script

Hello, i am using '#!/bin/bash', i want to make a loop in pl/sql, this loop takes values from a table according to some conditions, each time the loop choose 3 different variables. What i am not able to do is that during the loop i want my shell script to read this 3 variables and run a shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing PL/SQL OUT variables in Korn Shell Script

Hello All, I was just wondering if there is any direct way to access PL/SQL OUT variables from Korn Shell Script. I could already figure out how to return a single value back from PL/SQL to Shell Script (using bind variable). But, what if we want to return multiple values? One option I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bright_future
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to SQL file passed in shell script?

Hi, I am using SYBASE database. in my script i am connecting to DB via using isql. isql -U${S_USER} -S${S_SERV} -D${S_DB} -P${S_PWD} -b0 -w3000 -h0 -s"|" -i${MYDIR}/ABC.sql -oXYZ.txt << FINSQL i am taking a ABC.sql file to use the queries written in it and storing the output in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Pass the Output Values from the PL/SQL Procedure to Shell Script?

hi, Could anyone tell me how to pass the output values of the PL/SQL procedure to Shell script and how to store that values in a shell script variable... Thanks in advance... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funonnet
5 Replies

6. Programming

pass value from Oracle sql to Korn shell

Hi All , I am trying to pass a value from sqlplus to korn shell . There is a table tab1 in Oracle that has a column userdate. I need to pass the userdate to the korn shell . This is what I am doing . VALUE=`sqlplus -silent username/password << END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell script - SQL statement challenges

Hi scripting experts. I have some coding challenges that I'm hoping you can help me out. I have one file#1 that contains the following sql statement that spans over multiple lines: sql Select /*+ use_has(a,b) */ * from customer a, customer_address b where a.id = b.id... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchang
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass value from .Shell script to .SQL file

Hi All, I am new to shell script. I am trying to pass value from .sh file to .sql file . But I am able to run the .sql file from .sh file with values in sql file. But I am unable to pass the values from .sh file. can some one please help to resolve this. here is my .sh file s1.sh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddy298599
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass script with parameter in korn shell script

I have written a script which will take input parameter as another script. However, if the script passed as input parameter has parameters then this script doesn't work. I have a script b.ksh which has 1 and 2 as parameters I have a script c.ksh which has 3,4 and 5 as parameters vi a.ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vee
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD