Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: USB FileSystem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers USB FileSystem Post 302571554 by JuankyKong on Monday 7th of November 2011 05:18:58 PM
Old 11-07-2011
mmmm Mounted ? i never had to do that... maybe i Unmounted it ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Usb??????????????

it's true that USB port has no security?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolo_vang
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

USB Devices

I am trying to get a flash card reader to work with my machine. My question is, are all of my USB ports screwed up? Do I need to buy a seperate USB controller? I does not appear that the onboard USB ports work. In trying to get it to work, I typed cat /proc/scsi/scsi and got this: # cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidkretsch
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB-USB cable between linux and windows computers

Is there an easy way to setup a cross-over cable (USB-USB) between a linux box and a windows PC? My 2 machines are next to each other but I really do not want to keep transfering my files using my USB drive. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

7. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

8. Linux

mount usb

Hi Guys,am unable to mount usb in Cenos..I did all those options.....kindly let me know the commands...as soon as possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Backup on USB

How can i backup the whole solaris system to a usb. I have already mounted the usb: /dev/dsk/c2t0d0s2 15G 3.5G 11G 24% /dns_backup Is there a specific command to backup or do i have to manually copy all the files to the usb. I will use the backup to restore the system after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjeev_ron
1 Replies
MIC-IMAGE-WRITER(1)					      General Commands Manual					       MIC-IMAGE-WRITER(1)

NAME
mic-image-writer - Write a live image to a USB stick SYNOPSIS
mic-image-writer [options] [image file] DESCRIPTION
mic-image-writer is a simple yet very helpful tool, it can help you write a live image to a USB stick, it is safer than dd and has a good progress indicator, it has two work modes, console and GUI, you can explicitly use -c | --console and -g | --gui to force it to enter console or gui mode, by default, it will smartly decide this automatically. It just writes an image to the whole USB stick, so the original data on your USB stick will be overwritten, mic-image-manager has a more powerful GUI tool for this case, it can write a live image to a specified partition, the old data on that partition will keep intact. OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message -c, --console Run in console mode -g, --gui Run in GUI mode EXAMPLES
Write a Molib live image to your USB disk: mic-image-writer your-2.1-final.img EXIT STATUS
mic-image-convertor returns a zero exist status if it succeeds, otherwise return non-zero and print error message. AUTHOR
Yi Yang, Anas Nashif, Jianfeng Ding SEE ALSO
mic-image-creator(1), mic-convertor(1), mic-chroot(1), mic-livecd-iso-to-disk(1), mic-image-manager(1) perl v5.12.3 2011-05-31 MIC-IMAGE-WRITER(1)