Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Help me choose an OS for my old intel 845 board Post 302571477 by h@foorsa.biz on Monday 7th of November 2011 12:48:12 PM
Old 11-07-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
"nice gui like windows xp" and

What exactly was happening? 'crash' is a bit vague.

If your video chipset really is that bad, putting in a cheap but more compatible video card would work around that.
I agree with Corona688.
Also you can check the HCL for linux at LinuxQuestions LQ they have a good HCL for Linux.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

intel 845, framebuffer£¿

I can only use 771£¬ Anybody can use 787, 788, 789 modes£¬ 3ks£¡ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hw.uestc
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

choose y or n

Hi, I have written a choice based shell script some thing like this: if (y) execute code .... fi else if(n) terminating the problem with the above scripting is it will work as far as the options are y or n. but i want to reiterate the same code when the user inputs something else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to choose random columns

Hello! Can anybody suggest about the fastest way of extracting "n" random columns from a very large file (tab separated) having thousands of columns, where n can be any specified number. Thanks! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mira
10 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Which Tablet to Choose?

Currently in the process of looking for a tablet. Which one is best? Thanks Benjamin Mauerberger (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hlinks12
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to choose the RIGHT PID?

I can find a single PID and copy it to a variable (thanks to the forum), but I have a slightly tougher situation: When a user logs into our system, it creates 5 processes example: root 21160 3096 0 07:16 ? 00:00:00 sshd: cs113 cs113 21164 21160 0 07:16 ? 00:00:00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Igrok
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Which Product to Choose?

Okay, I have an Asus A8NSLI board with an Athlon 64 and I dunno, maybe 8gig Ram and Windows has crashed for the last time so I've finally had enough and I'll make it a Unix machine. I have a new 1Tera drive and I'm all set to go. Which brand of Unix/Linux can you advise me to go for? The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abrogard
3 Replies
seeded-in-ubuntu(1)					      General Commands Manual					       seeded-in-ubuntu(1)

NAME
seeded-in-ubuntu - Determine whether a package is safe to upload during a freeze SYNOPSIS
seeded-in-ubuntu [options] package... DESCRIPTION
Lists all the current daily images containing the specified packages. Or whether the package is part of the supported seed. If it isn't on an image, it should be safe to upload. During the final freeze, one should avoid packages in the supported seed too. An index of the current manifests is downloaded from UbuntuWire. OPTIONS
-b, --binary The packages specified are binary packages. This is faster than source packages, as otherwise we must query LP to determine the binary packages that every specified source package builds. -u URL, --data-url=URL URL for index of seeded packages. Default: UbuntuWire's service at http://qa.ubuntuwire.org/ubuntu-seeded-packages/seeded.json.gz. -h, --help Display a help message and exit EXAMPLES
All the images that contain unity: seeded-in-ubuntu -b unity AUTHORS
seeded-in-ubuntu and this manpage were written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the ISC License. ubuntu-dev-tools December 2011 seeded-in-ubuntu(1)