Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Help me choose an OS for my old intel 845 board Post 302571475 by Corona688 on Monday 7th of November 2011 12:36:33 PM
Old 11-07-2011
"nice gui like windows xp" and "low-memory/cpu footprint" are opposite goals. Fortunately, your system actually isn't that bad.

What exactly was happening? 'crash' is a bit vague.

If your video chipset really is that bad, putting in a cheap but more compatible video card would work around that.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

intel 845, framebuffer£¿

I can only use 771£¬ Anybody can use 787, 788, 789 modes£¬ 3ks£¡ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hw.uestc
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

choose y or n

Hi, I have written a choice based shell script some thing like this: if (y) execute code .... fi else if(n) terminating the problem with the above scripting is it will work as far as the options are y or n. but i want to reiterate the same code when the user inputs something else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to choose random columns

Hello! Can anybody suggest about the fastest way of extracting "n" random columns from a very large file (tab separated) having thousands of columns, where n can be any specified number. Thanks! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mira
10 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Which Tablet to Choose?

Currently in the process of looking for a tablet. Which one is best? Thanks Benjamin Mauerberger (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hlinks12
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to choose the RIGHT PID?

I can find a single PID and copy it to a variable (thanks to the forum), but I have a slightly tougher situation: When a user logs into our system, it creates 5 processes example: root 21160 3096 0 07:16 ? 00:00:00 sshd: cs113 cs113 21164 21160 0 07:16 ? 00:00:00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Igrok
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Which Product to Choose?

Okay, I have an Asus A8NSLI board with an Athlon 64 and I dunno, maybe 8gig Ram and Windows has crashed for the last time so I've finally had enough and I'll make it a Unix machine. I have a new 1Tera drive and I'm all set to go. Which brand of Unix/Linux can you advise me to go for? The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abrogard
3 Replies
ATI(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    ATI(4)

NAME
ati - ATI video driver SYNOPSIS
Section "Device" Identifier "devname" Driver "ati" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
ati is an Xorg wrapper driver for ATI video cards. It autodetects whether your hardware has a Radeon, Rage 128, or Mach64 or earlier class of chipset, and loads the radeon(4), r128(4), or mach64 driver as appropriate. SUPPORTED HARDWARE
The ati driver supports Radeon, Rage 128, and Mach64 and earlier chipsets by loading those drivers. See those manpages for specific cards supported. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to xorg.conf(5) for general configuration details, and the specific card driver for driver configuration details. SEE ALSO
Xorg(1), xorg.conf(5), Xserver(1), X(7), r128(4), radeon(4) AUTHORS
See the individual driver pages for authors. X Version 11 xf86-video-ati 6.14.99 ATI(4)