Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extracting information from multiple files Post 302571442 by ahamed101 on Monday 7th of November 2011 11:22:10 AM
Old 11-07-2011
There was a bug... Corrected it with changes you have requested... Try this...
Code:
#!/bin/bash
awk '
FILENAME != "list"{
        if(filename!=FILENAME){
                filename=FILENAME;
                a[FILENAME"HDR"]=$0;
                next;
        }
        a[FILENAME$3]=$0;
        f[FILENAME]++;
        next;
}
{
        print $0
        for(i in f){
                if(a[i$0]){
                print "From "a[i"HDR"]" point of view"
                print a[i"HDR"]
                print a[i$0]
                }else{
                        print "No results from "a[i"HDR"]" point of view"
                }
        }
        print "\n"
}
'  file*.txt list > output

--ahamed

Last edited by ahamed101; 11-07-2011 at 12:33 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting information from Config files /text processing

Hello All, This is my first post on this forums, which I consider one of the best of its kind. The reason for my post is that I want to export some information form Nagios configuration files to a DB. I know that there are other tools available to do this, like NDO, monarch, etc... But I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oconmx
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Extracting files with multiple links-perl

i want to write a perl script that gets/displays all those files having multiple links (in current directory) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptesanket
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting columns from multiple files with awk

hi everyone! I already posted it in scripts, I'm sorry, it's doubled I'd like to extract a single column from 5 different files and put them together in an output file. I saw a similar question for 2 input files, and the line of code workd very well, the code is: awk 'NR==FNR{a=$2; next}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orcaja
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting columns from multiple files with awk

hi everyone! I'd like to extract a single column from 5 different files and put them together in an output file. I saw a similar question for 2 input files, and the line of code workd very well, the code is: awk 'NR==FNR{a=$2; next} {print a, $2}' file1 file2 I added the file3, file4 and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: orcaja
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging information from multiple files to a single file

Hello, I am new to unix and need help with a problem. I have 2 files each containing multiple columns of information ie; File 1 : A B C D E 1 2 3 4 5 File 2 : F G 6 7 I would like to merge the information from File 2 to File 1 so that the data reads as follows; File 1: A... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchie
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting/condensing text from multiple files to multiples files

Hi Everyone, I'm really new to all this so I'm really hoping someone can help. I have a directory with ~1000 lists from which I want to extract lines from and write to new files. For simplicity lets say they are shopping lists and I want to write out the lines corresponding to apples to a new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: born2phase
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting lines based on identifiers into multiple files respectively

consider the following is the contents of the file cat 11.sql drop procedure if exists hoop1 ; Delimiter $$ CREATE PROCEDURE hoop1(id int) BEGIN END $$ Delimiter ; . . . . drop procedure if exists hoop2; Delimiter $$ CREATE PROCEDURE hoop2(id int) BEGIN END $$ (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

search information in multiple files and save in new files

hi everyone, im stuck in here with shell :) can you help me?? i have a directory with alot files (genbank files ... all ended in .gbk ) more than 1000 for sure ... and i want to read each one of them and search for some information and if i found the right one i save in new file with new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreia
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting non multiple files via script

Hi, Can somebody help me? I am testing a demo with the given function PATH525="/uscms/home/emily/READme/extra/data/" TEMP=temp FileName=DataFileName CopyFiles() { # PATHNAME="$paths" ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific files from multiple .tgz files

Hey, I have number of .tgz files and want to extract the file with the ending *results.txt from each one. I have tried for file in *.tgz; do tar --wildcards -zxf $file *results.txt; doneas well as list=$(ls *.tgz) for i in $list; do tar --wildcards -zxvf $i *.results.txt; done... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jfern
1 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)