Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell command to convert low values to spaces Post 302571435 by bsreee35 on Monday 7th of November 2011 10:58:26 AM
Old 11-07-2011
Shell command to convert low values to spaces

I neead a script which converts low values to the spaces, When I used
sed -e 's/\x00/\x20/g' inputfile command it is removing the low values but not replacing it with spaces. Please help me. Its Uregent. Thanks

Sam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip leading and trailing spaces only in a shell variable with embedded spaces

I am trying to strip all leading and trailing spaces of a shell variable using either awk or sed or any other utility, however unscuccessful and need your help. echo $SH_VAR | command_line Syntax. The SH_VAR contains embedded spaces which needs to be preserved. I need only for the leading and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

low & high values

on the file Ftp'd from the mainframe ,do we have any UNIX command to replace mainframe low and values to space or null. i tried using tr and it doesn't work ... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rlmadhav
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to convert shell scrip to binaric command

here is a typical question for everyone ... How to convert a given shell script to binaric command along with its shell script switches. Any !dea (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Replace all 'low values" in a file

Hi, I've to replace all low values (hex '00') in a flat file (containing more than 1,000,000 records) with space (hex '20'). I try to use: awk '{gsub("\x00","\x20")}' file_name and I obtain the following response: awk: Line AP000010536900577986 cannot have more than 199 fields.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sw.an
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert rows (with spaces) to columns

Hey all, I have a list in the format ; variable length with spaces more variable information some more variable information and I would like to transform that 'column' into rows ; variable length with spaces more variable information some more variable information Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TAPE
8 Replies

6. AIX

High Runqueue (R) LOW CPU LOW I/O Low Network Low memory usage

Hello All I have a system running AIX 61 shared uncapped partition (with 11 physical processors, 24 Virtual 72GB of Memory) . The output from NMON, vmstat show a high run queue (60+) for continous periods of time intervals, but NO paging, relatively low I/o (6000) , CPU % is 40, Low network.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IL-Malti
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Column Values to a Range of Values

I have a list of columns with values that I need to transform into a row containing the range of each column. For example: "Column A" 1 2 3 4 10 12 14 15 16 17 18 "Column B" 1 4 5 6 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbio
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert for command from DOS to SHELL

Well, this command has served me quite well under DOS for %%X in (*.txt) do COMMAND however in linux it just outputs: "./install.sh line 1: '%%x': not a valid identifier. Ideas ? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell command to Strip white spaces at specific location

Hello, I have a Comma separated input file with one of the sample records as below: -9223372036854477528,"834","834003325515BXNI00101012013C","5","PLAN_VALUE","PPO, General Cable","C",20130101,99991231,"A","2012-12-25-13.58.14.434000","ZPL2 ","2012-12-25-13.58.14.434000","ZPL2 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveenkulkarni
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert any shell command output to JSON format?

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting, Need your help in creating a shell script which converts any unix command output to JSON format output. example: sample df -h command ouput : Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 8.1G 4.0G 4.0G 50% /... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
13 Replies
extract_font_range(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual				       extract_font_range(3alleg4)

NAME
extract_font_range - Extracts a range of characters from a font. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *extract_font_range(FONT *f, int begin, int end) DESCRIPTION
This function extracts a character range from a font and returns a new font that contains only the range of characters selected by this function. You can pass -1 for either the lower or upper bound if you want to select all characters from the start or to the end of the font. Example: FONT *myfont; FONT *capitals; FONT *fontcopy; ... /* Create a font of only capital letters */ capitals = extract_font_range(myfont, 'A', 'Z'); /* Create a copy of the font */ fontcopy = extract_font_range(myfont, -1, -1); ... destroy_font(capitals); destroy_font(fontcopy); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the new font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
get_font_range_begin(3alleg4), get_font_range_end(3alleg4), merge_fonts(3alleg4), transpose_font(3alleg4), exfont(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 extract_font_range(3alleg4)