Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: strip error
Operating Systems Solaris strip error Post 302571109 by vali__ on Sunday 6th of November 2011 06:57:11 AM
Old 11-06-2011
a.out is an executable actually.

That was just an example.........

---------- Post updated at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:24 PM ----------

It has given the below out put

ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC32PLUS Version 1, V8+ Required, dynamically linked, stripped

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to strip strins

Guys, Please can someone tell me how to strip each string from the following ? TABLE1||METHOD||TYPE||STATUS||DATE What i need is to assign each value to the variable TABLE1 to var1 METHOD to var2 and so on If there is NULL in one of them, something like A||B||||C|| I want the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamathg
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip all non-alphanumerics

Hi, Can someone let me know how do I strip out any non-alphanumeric character in string tomake it alphanumeric? i.e abc def ghi ->abcdefghi abc-def-ghi ->abcdefghi abc#def-ghi->abcdefghi Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to strip a string

I have a file that looks like this: /home/fred/opt/bin /opt/usr/bin /usr/sbin/var/opt I need a way to chop of everything after the last occurance of the / sign including the /. So the file above will now look like this below. /home/fred/opt /opt/usr /usr/sbin/var I tried using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: x96riley3
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to strip few letters

Hey guys.. Can experts help me in achieving my purpose.. I have a file which contains email address of some 100 to 1000 domains, I need only the domain names.. Eg: abc@yahoo.com hd@gamil.com ed@hotmail.com The output should contain only Yahoo.com ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: achararun
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strip command

I have created one binary with the debug option debug.out and another without it is production.out. Now, i use stripe on the debug.out. Now, both binary will be same? or have any differences. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
1 Replies

6. Programming

Strip command

I am new in Unix. I go through the man strip. But did not understand that, why when we have -G (debug and release ) option in the compiler, than using strip command to strip the debug information from the objects. i want to binary for teh production i will compile it without debug option. What the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip a string in sh

I have a list of servers that I need my script to ping however this list also has the env they belong too such as SIT, PRD, warehouse and so on. The break character for each section is : A value in my list would look like this... brutus.grhq.xxx.com:warehouse Where brutus.grhq.gfs.com is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip out the string

awk -F"\t" -vOFS="\t" '{print $1"\t-\t-","",$6,$7"\t-"$8"\t-\t-\t"$15}' file.tsv > output.tsv Using the above command how to remove the string www.abc.com from the $7 value. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip First few Characters

I want to strip first few characters from each record until a proper datesamp is found. Request for getNextPage.................06/29/12 07:49:30 VVUKOVIC@67.208.166.131{7A805FEF76A62FCBB23EA78B5380EF95.tomcat1}TP-Processor14 LogExchUsage: ERROR:: isprof=false : exch=NSDQ output should be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)