Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perform stack overflowed
Operating Systems AIX perform stack overflowed Post 302570829 by dlegnar on Friday 4th of November 2011 11:40:28 AM
Old 11-04-2011
perform stack overflowed

Help!
I have an AIX system that has a power outage.
When I logged in as root and got the system up and running it all looked ok.
But.....when a user tries to log in they receive the error: The perform stack has overflowed OP=2117 PC=2124 E=46 in emmcshflif
icrun is finished

How can I fix this?????Smilie

Thank you!

Last edited by vbe; 11-04-2011 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: rm email

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Must out-perform winder's

Hello, my company is looking to move web services off of an I-Series (AS/400) to a new platform. The developers want Winders, I am pushing RHEL 4 AS. We will be using 64-bit intel hardware. We will be testing the latest from Weblogic, Websphere, and JBOSS. I have been digging and have found... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scheerce
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perform diff between 2 directories

Hello all i wander what is the best way to make diff between 2 directories and perform diff of 2 kinds the first is the names of the files on each directory , and the second diff is between the content of each file and the corresponding file and the second dir. Thanks for the help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
5 Replies

3. Programming

what is stack winding and stack unwinding

helo can u tell me what do you mean by stack winding and stack unwinding Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to perform sftp

I am trying to move some transfers from ftp to sftp and have successfully established the connectivity betweeen Unix and Windows host however i am not able to transfer the file . i am trying sftp filename user@host:/dir/filename if i try this i get ssh filename :Name or service not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit1_x
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perform agent

Hi, Please can someone explain me about the " perform agent " on UNIX . Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reply2soumya
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perform Hash sum

Hi Friends, I have a pipe delimited file with 20 million records. I want to perform the sum of the 13 field, for that I am using the code below, but the result is in exponential form. I want the number to be in floating number, so that I can use the number to comparision. Any help is highly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandapani
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perform stack overflow

Help! I have an AIX system that has a power outage. When I logged in as root and got the system up and running it all looked ok. But.....when a user tries to log in they receive the error: The perform stack has overflowed OP=2117 PC=2124 E=46 in emmcshflif icrun is finished How can I fix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dlegnar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel Stack vs User Mode Stack

Hi, I am new to the linux kernel development area. I want to know what is the difference between kernel mode stack and user mode stack? Does each process has a user mode stack and a kernel mode stack?? Or Each process has a user mode stack and there is only one kernel mode stack that is shared by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
4 Replies
REBOOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 REBOOT(8)

NAME
halt, reboot -- stopping and restarting the system SYNOPSIS
halt [-lnqu] reboot [-lnq] DESCRIPTION
The halt and reboot utilities flush the file system cache to disk, send all running processes a SIGTERM (and subsequently a SIGKILL) and, respectively, halt or restart the system. The action is logged, including entering a shutdown record into the wtmp(5) file. When the system is halted with the halt command, the system is powered off. The options are as follows: -l The halt or reboot is not recorded in the system log. This option is intended for applications such as shutdown(8), that call reboot or halt and log this themselves. -n The file system cache is not flushed. This option should probably not be used. -q The system is halted or restarted quickly and ungracefully, and only the flushing of the file system cache is performed (if the -n option is not specified). This option should probably not be used. -u The system is halted up until the point of removing system power, but waits before removing power for 5 minutes so that an external UPS (uninterruptible power supply) can forcibly remove power. This simulates a dirty shutdown to permit a later automatic power on. OS X uses this mode automatically with supported UPSs in emergency shutdowns. Normally, the shutdown(8) utility is used when the system needs to be halted or restarted, giving users advance warning of their impending doom and cleanly terminating specific programs. SIGTERM TO SIGKILL INTERVAL
The SIGKILL will follow the SIGTERM by an intentionally indeterminate period of time. Programs are expected to take only enough time to flush all dirty data and exit. Developers are encouraged to file a bug with the OS vendor, should they encounter an issue with this func- tionality. SEE ALSO
wtmp(5), shutdown(8), sync(8) HISTORY
A reboot utility appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
June 9, 1993 BSD