Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using columns from 2 files and extracting string Post 302570746 by radoulov on Friday 4th of November 2011 08:34:36 AM
Old 11-04-2011
Try this:

Code:
awk 'NR == FNR {
  while (match($6, /[0-9]*[SM]/)) {
    p1 = substr($6, RSTART + RLENGTH - 1, 1)
    f2[$1, p1, ++t[$1, p1]] = substr($6, RSTART, RLENGTH - 1) 
    $6 = substr($6, RSTART + RLENGTH)
    }
  f2s1[$1] = ($1, "S", 1) in f2 ? f2[$1, "S", 1] : 0 
  f2s2[$1] = ($1, "S", 2) in f2 ? f2[$1, "S", 2] : 0
  f2m1[$1] = ($1, "M", 1) in f2 ? f2[$1, "M", 1] : 0
  f2m2[$1] = ($1, "M", 2) in f2 ? f2[$1, "M", 2] : 0 
  f2m1s[$1] = substr($10, f2s1[$1], f2m1[$1])
  f2m2s[$1] = substr($10, length($10) - f2m2[$1] - f2s2[$1], f2m2[$1])
  f2_4[$1] = $4
  next    
  }
$4 in f2s1 {
  _sub = (f2_4[$4] + f2s1[$4] + f2m1[$4]) > $9 ? f2m1s[$4] : f2m2s[$4]
  print $0, substr(_sub, $8 - $2 + 1, $9 - $8)
  }' file2_sample.txt file1_sample.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting columns from different files for later merging

Hello! I wan't to extract columns from two files and later combine them for plotting with gnuplot. If the files file1 and file2 look like: fiile1: a, 0.62,x b, 0.61,x file2: a, 0.43,x b, 0,49,x The desired output is a 0.62 0.62 b 0.61 0.49 Thank you in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingkong
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from one file and searching the same string in other files

Hi, Need to extract a string from one file and search the same in other files. Ex: I have file1 of hundred lines with no delimiters not even space. I have 3 more files. I should get 1 to 10 characters say substring from each line of file1 and search that string in rest of the files and get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohancrr
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to columns from 2 files

Hi Having a file as follows file1.txt Date (dd/mm)Time Server IP Error Code =========================================================================== 10/04/2008 10:10 ServerA xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 6 10/04/2008 10:10 ServerB ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting columns from 2 files

Hello, I have 2 files file1 & file2 = a1 b1 a2 b2 a3 b3 ... = c1 d1 c2 d2 c3 d3 ... I need to compare if b(i)=c(j) . i,j=1,2,3,4,... If yes, right a(i) d(j) in output file3 per line (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newpromo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting columns from multiple files with awk

hi everyone! I already posted it in scripts, I'm sorry, it's doubled I'd like to extract a single column from 5 different files and put them together in an output file. I saw a similar question for 2 input files, and the line of code workd very well, the code is: awk 'NR==FNR{a=$2; next}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orcaja
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting columns from multiple files with awk

hi everyone! I'd like to extract a single column from 5 different files and put them together in an output file. I saw a similar question for 2 input files, and the line of code workd very well, the code is: awk 'NR==FNR{a=$2; next} {print a, $2}' file1 file2 I added the file3, file4 and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: orcaja
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting columns falling within specific ranges for multiple files

Hi, I need to create weekly files from daily records stored in individual monthly filenames from 1999-2010. my sample file structure is like the ones below: daily record stored per month: 199901.xyz, 199902.xyz, 199903.xyz, 199904.xyz ...199912.xyz records inside 199901.xyz (original data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of multiple files and print those unique string from File1 in an output file.

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain one column of strings: File1: 123abc 456def 789ghi File2: 123abc 456def 891jkl File3: 234mno 123abc 456def In total I have 25 of these type of file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from specific rows and columns from multiple csv files

I have a series of csv files in the following format eg file1 Experiment Name,XYZ_07/28/15, Specimen Name,Specimen_001, Tube Name, Control, Record Date,7/28/2015 14:50, $OP,XYZYZ, GUID,abc, Population,#Events,%Parent All Events,10500, P1,10071,95.9 Early Apoptosis,1113,11.1 Late... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining files using awk not extracting all columns from File 2

Hello All I'm joining two files using Awk by Left outer join on the file 1 File 1 1 AA 2 BB 3 CC 4 DD File 2 1 IND 100 200 300 2 AUS 400 500 600 5 USA 700 800 900 (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat_reddy
18 Replies
mailq(1)							   User Commands							  mailq(1)

NAME
mailq - print the mail queue SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/mailq [-Ac] [-q subarg] [-v] DESCRIPTION
The mailq utility displays a summary of the mail messages queued for future delivery. The first line displayed for each mail message shows the internal identifier used on this host for the message, the size of the message in bytes, the date and time the message was accepted into the queue, and the envelope sender of the message. The second line of the display shows the error message that caused this message to be retained in the queue. This line will not be displayed if the message is being pro- cessed for the first time. The mailq utility used to be identical to sendmail -bp. Now it checks for the authorization attribute, solaris.mail.mailq. If the check for the invoking user succeeds, sendmail -bp is executed with the remaining argument vector. Otherwise, an error message is printed. This authorization attribute is by default enabled for all users. It can be disabled by modifying the Basic Solaris User entry in prof_attr(4). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -Ac Like sendmail(1M), this flag tells mailq to use submit.cf rather than sendmail.cf even if the operation mode does not indicate an initial mail submission. This will result in the client queue /var/spool/clientmqueue being displayed rather than the default server queue /var/spool/mqueue. -qp[time] Similar to -qtime, except that instead of periodically forking a child to process the queue, sendmail forks a single per- sistent child for each queue that alternates between processing the queue and sleeping. The sleep time is given as the argument. The sleep time default is 1 second. The process will always sleep at least 5 seconds if the queue was empty in the previous queue run. -qf Processes saved messages in the queue once and does not fork(), but runs in the foreground. -qG name Processes jobs in the queue group called name only. -q[!]I substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the queue id, or not when ! is specified. -q[!]R substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of one of the recipients, or not when ! is specified. -q[!]S substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the sender, or not when ! is specified. -v Prints verbose information. This adds the priority of the message and a single character indicator (+ or blank) indicating whether a warning message has been sent on the first line of the message. Additionally, extra lines may be intermixed with the recipients that indicate the "controlling user" information. This shows who will own any programs that are executed on behalf of this message and the name of the alias this command is expanded from, if any. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/security/prof_attr local source for execution profile attributes /var/spool/mqueue default server queue /var/spool/clientmqueue client queue ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), prof_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Jul 2002 mailq(1)