Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Changing and swapping the Values in the files Post 302570399 by vgersh99 on Thursday 3rd of November 2011 08:22:22 AM
Old 11-03-2011
Code:
nawk 'FNR==NR{f1[$2]=$1;next} $NF in f1 {$(NF-2)=f1[$NF]}1' ONE TWO > THREE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Values in the Kernel

I'm getting fork failed errors. I was told I needed to upgrade my swap space but also need to change some values for some parameters in the kernel and add 2 new parameters. I not sure of the correct way of doing this. Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dman110168
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing values with increasing numbers!

Hi all, i have a command named "vmchange" and i must use it for thousands of data which must be changed. For example, vmchange -m N0001 vmchange -m N0002 vmchange -m N0003 ... ... vmchange -m N0100 How can i do that in awk or bash script? Any help would be greatly appreciated.. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oduth
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk changing values

Can somebody help me out and provide me with a SED or AWK solution that converts TO_DATE CLAUSE -> TIMESTAMP I need to keep the PARTION value (HISTORY_20110417) and DATE/TIME value (2011-04-18 00:00:00) the same for every line PARTITION HISTORY_20110417 VALUES LESS THAN (TO_DATE('... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

swapping the values of variable!

Hi All, newbie here, i'm just wondering how can i swap the two values of variables without using the third variable. Please advise, Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing values of a column based on formula

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file with two columns where the second column takes on values between 1 and 6 (including). If the value of the second column, includes 1,2,3 I want to replace it with LOW. If it is 4,5,6 I want to replace it with HIGH. How do I go about doing that? Thanks ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the values of a column using awk and gsub

Hi, I am using the following code to change NA to X in only the 5th column of my text file: awk '{gsub("NA","x",$5)}1' in.file > out.file How can I modify this code if I want to change NA to X in multiple columns of the text file (i.e. columns 5,6 and 7). Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping a string of numbers between higher and lower order values(HEX)

I have this below string in a variable cutString=21222222222222222122222222222222 this string is nothing but hex values depicted as below 21:22:22:22:22:22:22:22:21:22:22:22:22:22:22:22 so what i want to achieve is swap the lower order with higher order values in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing values in the first column.

I have a file which looks like this: 1 3 5 5 3 2 1 5 3 6 3 2 0 5 6 3 2 9 0 4 5 6 4 9 In the first column, instead of 1, I want to place +1 and instead of 0, I want -1 to be put. So the generated file should look like this: +1 3 5 5 3 2 +1 5 3 6 3 2 -1 5 6 3 2 9 -1 4 5 6 4 9 Just to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Swapping content b/n two files

I am having two files file1&file2.i just want to swap the selected contents btwn two files #file1 content: Title:xxxx Hello Imran #file2 content: Title:YYYY Hello Meeran i just want only second line in both files should be swapped.The title should remain in the same file. i just... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Changing CSV files with date . Subtracting date by values

Hi All, I have a CSV file which is as below. Basically I need to take the year column in it and find if the year is >= 20152 . If that is then I should subtract all values by 6. In the below example in description I am having number mentioned as YYWW so I need to subtract those by -5. Whereever... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
8 Replies
GRI_MERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      GRI_MERGE(1)

NAME
gri_merge - merge multiple Gri output files into a single PostScript file. USAGE (style 1): gri_merge [OPTIONS] CxR a.ps b.ps ... > merged_file.ps Merges the files onto one page, in 'C' columns and 'R' rows. The CxR files are given in the order of words on a page. The page is pre- sumed to be 8.5x11in in size, as are all the input files, and the input files are sized to fit, and kept in natural scale. USAGE (style 2): gri_merge [OPTIONS] xcm ycm enlarge a.ps [b.ps ...] > merged_file.ps Where `enlarge' is a scale factor applied after offsetting `xcm' to the right and `ycm' upward. EXAMPLE (style 2): The following gri_merge 2 12 .5 a.ps 12 12 .5 b.ps 2 2 .5 c.ps 12 2 .5 d.ps > all.ps produces 4 panels from gri plots done using margins and sizes as specified in the following lines in a gri commandfile set x margin 2 set x size 15 set y margin 2 set y size 15 The OPTIONS, available if your 'perl' has 'getopts' library, are: -u graylevel -- set graylevel for underlay beneath panels, by default 0.75. Values range from 0 (black) to 1 (white), although a value of precisely 1 means do NOT draw underlay. -b graylevel -- Set value for background under individual panels, again 0 for black to 1 for white, with 1 meaning no drawing. -h -- Print this help message and quit. SEE ALSO
gri(1), gri_unpage(1) gri_merge 2009 GRI_MERGE(1)