Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing file with Sql output. Post 302570341 by mac4rfree on Thursday 3rd of November 2011 04:59:34 AM
Old 11-03-2011
Comparing file with Sql output.

Hi Guys,

I need to compare the sql output with a column present in a file.

I am able to read the column from the file and stored in a variable.

Can somebody help how to store output of the below query to a variable. The database is Oracle.

Code:
Select count(*) from tableName;

Cheers!!!!

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags <- click the link!

Last edited by zaxxon; 11-03-2011 at 06:07 AM.. Reason: code tags, see PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

any possible to run sql result and output to file

Hi, I search all post...and no soluation about..if i would like to run a sql statement and output the result to txt file. for example, i usually run "sql" to logon the database and run select statement. Then I need to copy the output into the result.txt. Can I run the script to do this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

SQL statement output to Log file-How?

Hi all, I need to bring the message to log file.Teradat/Hp-Ux script: ----- ### Update Log Table bteq <<- EOC .run file ${SRC_DATA}/logon.txt .run file ${SRC_DATA}/dbstagebteq.txt .set format off .set foldline off all .set sidetitles off ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vsubbu1000
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing the output of SQL into one file

Hi All, Please help me writing the below script. I have two sql queries. 1. Select count(1),Client_id from TABLE_A group by Client_id; 2. Select count(1),Client_id from TABLE_B group by Client_id; I need the output of above two sql queries in a single file. The output 2nd query should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of Unix & SQL in same file

output of Unix & sql in same file hi all, am working on shell script, i need to format data in such a way that both my Unix commands output & my sql output should be in a same file. I am able to redirect both output in separate files. for sql output: sqlplus -s... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Script's output to a CSV file

I need to call and execute an SQL script within a KSH script and get the output/extracted data into a CSV file. Is there any way to get the out put in a CSV file other than spooling ? I tried spooling. Problem is if there is any wrning/comment/Error they all will be spooled into the csv file. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Output the SQL Query result to a File

Hello Guys, This message is somewhat relates with last thread. But I need to re-write thing. I start over a little. I am stuck now and need your help. Here is my script- #! /bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2 /opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2/bin/sqlplus -s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing a text file's entries with ps -ef output

Shell : Korn os : AIX This is the ps output looking for a process called pmon. pmon runs with various 'service' names which is appended with an underscore as shown below. For example a pmon process for the service hexjkm will be named ora_pmon_hexjkm $ ps -ef | grep pmon oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kraljic
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing text in 2 files and output difference in another file.

I have 2 files of almost same text apart from 2,3 ending lines. Now I want to get that difference in another file. e.g file1.txt is Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/vg_livecd-lv_root 18G 2.4G 15G 14% / tmpfs 504M ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
OUTPUT_ADD_REWRITE_VAR(3)						 1						 OUTPUT_ADD_REWRITE_VAR(3)

output_add_rewrite_var - Add URL rewriter values

SYNOPSIS
bool output_add_rewrite_var (string $name, string $value) DESCRIPTION
This function adds another name/value pair to the URL rewrite mechanism. The name and value will be added to URLs (as GET parameter) and forms (as hidden input fields) the same way as the session ID when transparent URL rewriting is enabled with session.use_trans_sid. Please note that absolute URLs (http://example.com/..) aren't rewritten. This function's behavior is controlled by the url_rewriter.tags php.ini parameter. Note Calling this function will implicitly start output buffering if it is not active already. PARAMETERS
o $name - The variable name. o $value - The variable value. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 output_add_rewrite_var(3) example <?php output_add_rewrite_var('var', 'value'); // some links echo '<a href="file.php">link</a> <a href="http://example.com">link2</a>'; // a form echo '<form action="script.php" method="post"> <input type="text" name="var2" /> </form>'; print_r(ob_list_handlers()); ?> The above example will output: <a href="file.php?var=value">link</a> <a href="http://example.com">link2</a> <form action="script.php" method="post"> <input type="hidden" name="var" value="value" /> <input type="text" name="var2" /> </form> Array ( [0] => URL-Rewriter ) SEE ALSO
output_reset_rewrite_vars(3), ob_flush(3), ob_list_handlers(3). PHP Documentation Group OUTPUT_ADD_REWRITE_VAR(3)