Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Prompt in Solaris 5.10 - newb ? Post 302569697 by jlliagre on Tuesday 1st of November 2011 09:33:18 AM
Old 11-01-2011
What shell ? What colors ? How are you doing it on other platforms ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help for a newb

ok i just installed FreeBSD 4.8 on a computer i had lying around and it was working ok but then when i tried to set up KDE's xdm (kdm) i think i must have configured the login manager wrong because i cant login through the kdm and therefore i can log in to BSD at all?! please can someone help me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: h3x
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok I'm a Newb, Please Help

I am wanting to download the Linux Program. When i go to download it I see several things to download. What do i download exactly? Then what do I do to install it. Also I have partitioned my hard drive to make way for Linux on the other part to play with it, will any problems arise from this? I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seeto
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 install doesn't display Network Connectivity prompt page

I have two Dell x86 machines on which I am attempting to install Solaris 10 from CD. I am not doing a Jumpstart install. This is my first experience in installing Solaris (or any other OS). I am following the instructions at How to Quickly Install the Solaris 10 1/06 OS The first machine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarahsi
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change root prompt (Solaris)

Hello all. I was wondering if there is a way to change the root prompt. I am using Solaris 10 and would like to have the root prompt display the current directory along with 'SU' to indicate root status. What I have tried so far: /etc/passwd changed the root shell to korn with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertSubnet
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list files in FTP prompt pagewise in solaris?

Hi, I have a solaris system with only ftp access.Need to get the list of files page wise display.. Also would like to redirect output of "ls" command to a text file in same directory. Can anyone suggest me the sollution for this? Rakesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_noronha
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Newb questions about Solaris 10.

For some reason, I have a v240 lying around. I was thinking of connecting it to a 1gbit backbone, but I have no experience with Solaris or Linux whatsoever. Here's what I would like to do: - Run a Apache Webserver(XAMPP) - Run a FTP Server and set the Home directory Here's some random... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Willekillen
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris machine is at # prompt not able to login in GUI mode

Solaris machine is at # prompt not able to login in GUI mode : I want to login solaris server in GUI mode from # prompt. ---------- Post updated 12-30-11 at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous update was 12-29-11 at 02:23 PM ---------- Hi, Please send me some guidelines regarding this.... as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
2 Replies

8. Solaris

No prompt from Solaris to WinXP Hyperterminal

hi I am new to unix and have found a SPARCstation 5 in the shed. I'm told by my father that it was working when it was put there about 8 years ago. It seems to boot up and makes all the right noises, both discs appear to make a noise, the keyboard lights flash etc., etc., but i can't seem to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harrystrickland
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Help changing the PS1 prompt in Solaris

Hi, I need help changing PS1 in Solaris. I tried this: MYPROMPT="> " PS1=$LOGNAME@$HOSTNAME:${PWD}$MYPROMPT (NOT SURE WHY IT'S HIGHLIGHTED HERE) export PS1 My problem is that $PWD is not working, when I get the prompt and I change directories, the prompt is not displaying the current... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: curiousmal
17 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)