Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: replace/delete odd occurance
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replace/delete odd occurance Post 302569617 by ratheeshjulk on Tuesday 1st of November 2011 03:42:56 AM
Old 11-01-2011
replace/delete odd occurance

how to delete/replace the the odd occurance of a pattern say newline character "\n"
Code:
a,b,c,d
e,f
g, h, i, j, k, l 
m,n
1, 2, 3, 4,
5, 6
1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

the output should be
Code:
a,b,c,de,f
g, h, i, j, k, lm,n
1, 2, 3, 4,5, 6
1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace the n'th occurance in a file

Hi All, How can i replace the n'th occurance in a file. ? I have a property file like EAR;_TrackingEAR;META-INF/application.xml;xml;context-root;1;valeur EAR;_TrackingEAR;META-INF/application.xml;xml;context-root;2;valeur2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace first 5 occurance of a pattern

There is scenario that i have to replace a pattern at the first 5 occurance in a file. say i need to replace 'abc' by 'xyz' at its first 5 occurance in a file a.txt, can anybody help me how it can be done, i can do complete replacement of the pattern using sed throughtout the file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palash2k
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace the last occurance of a match in a file

HI please let me know if there is any command to search and replace only the last occurence of a string in aline. Eg: " This cat is a cat with a tail longer of all cat." I need to replace only the last "cat" in the above line. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harikris614
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to replace second occurance

#original file . . ~ ~ Index=2 xxx replace #dont replace 1st occurance yyy Index=2 xxx replace #substitue replace with "REPLACE" yyy Index=2 xxx replace #substitue replace with "REPLACE" yyy Index=3 xxx replace (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace only the first occurance

Hi, I need to search a string and replace with nothing, but only the First occurring string using sed/perl/awk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suraj.sheikh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace every second occurance of a string

I want to replace every 2nd occurance of a string/character from a line. ababacbsbddbsbbcbdbssb i want to replace every s2nd b with @ like below should be like aba@acbs@ddbs@bc@dbss@ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace 3rd occurance of SPACE with newline

I have file with SQL output as 0001 firstname1 lastname1 0002 firstname2 lastname2 0003 firstname3 lastname3 0004 firstname4 lastname4 Expected output : 0001 firstname1 lastname1 0002 firstname2 lastname2 0003 firstname3 lastname3 0004 firstname4 lastname4 Let me know if this can... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameermohite
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace character in odd or even lines

Hello, I'm here again asking for your precious help. I'm writing some code to convert csv files to html. I want to highlight header and also I want to have rows with alternate colors. So far this is my work###Let's format first line only with some color cat $fileIN".tmp1" | sed '1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: emare
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help search and replace the last occurance of match in a file

Hi I want to replace only the last occurance of "union all" in input file with ";" I tried with sed 's/union all/;/g' in my input file, it replaced in all lines of input file Eg: select column1,column2 from test1 group by 2 union all select column1,column2 from test2 group by 2 union all ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: antosr7
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find to delete lines with pattern and even or odd number

In the below directory I am trying to delete all lines with a .bam extention that have the pattern IonCode_ followed by an even number. I am also trying to delete all lines with a .fastq extention that have the pattern IonCode_ followed by an odd number. I was going to use find but can see all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)