Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Machine dependent problems when using Sockets. Post 302569578 by ab_tall on Monday 31st of October 2011 10:02:06 PM
Old 10-31-2011
Corona : you were spot on. The FD array was getting corrupted.
The array was dynamically allocated.

However, I tried statically allocating the array and it worked like a charm. The interesting bit is, I reverted back to dynamic so that I could show you the corruption..But now the array doesn't get corrupted...Magically the corruption has disappeared. In such a scenario would you recommend me sticking with a dynamic allocation?

[Removed personal info]

Earlier FD 4 was corrupted and command was being sent to FD 0 instead.

Last edited by ab_tall; 11-06-2011 at 12:19 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editor dependent error?

Hi all, i did typed the following code in vi and executed it. #!/bin/sh //notice the blank line here. DATA=test echo "$DATA" There was no problem. I then deleted the file using the rm command. I used ultraedit typed in the same file. , FTP it in and i got the following output :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can i make two dependent jobs into cron?

Hi all, How can i make two dependent jobs into crontab? means after the first job the second job should run in a single crontab entry in unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

3. Solaris

pkgrm without removing the dependent packages

Hi all, Is there any option to remove a package without removing the dependent packages.... ie, i need to remove a package, while trying to remove by using pkgrm command it says as some dependent packages also will get removed, i dont want to remove those dependent packages. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: judi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting problems - Commands not on local machine

Hello all- I have done a lot of searching tonight, but all leads seem to be dead ends. Forgive me if this has been covered, but I've searched the forum and the internet. I am having trouble building a shell script which uses SSH to login to our schools 1024 cluster grid. The issue that I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sagan
1 Replies

5. Programming

shell scripting problems involving operations with remote machine

Hi, i have been developing a shell script to transfer a set of files from one ubuntu system to another. Task: while executing the script the files ( ls, dir, cat) in the source machine should transfer to destination machine(at /home/mac/mac/bin) While the script is executed once again, It... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srijith
0 Replies

6. Slackware

Context dependent symlinks

Ive got multiple PCs, sharing an NFS mounted home dir. For certain apps I would like to keep the config files host specific. Easy solution is to create symlinks to local folders for configs. Ideally I would still want the .config files to reside in the user home folder. Is it possible to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agentrnge
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX Dependent Module could not be loaded

I am encountering the above error , even after setting the environment variables correctly AFAIK. I've found sources that say LIBPATH is the shared library variable , and others that say LIB_PATH, so I set both: ========================= root@lipossrp01ga: # echo $gtm_dist ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
6 Replies

8. AIX

Dependent modules libc.a and libpthreads.a

Hello I am trying to install ActivePerl Pro Studio and I am seeing the following errors. Could not load program ./setup: Symbol resolution failed for setup because: Symbol ___memcmp (number 1) is not exported from dependent module /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

Problems and doubts with sockets and timeouts

Hi! I need some help to understand a little bit more the behaviour about socket and TCP connections... Here is my problem I have a client and a server that were written in python. The server program wait until a message arrive and then print the message but if the message not arrive in a second... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kovalevski
2 Replies
UDP(4P) 																   UDP(4P)

NAME
udp - Internet User Datagram Protocol SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> s = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0); DESCRIPTION
UDP is a simple, unreliable datagram protocol which is used to support the SOCK_DGRAM abstraction for the Internet protocol family. UDP sockets are connectionless, and are normally used with the sendto and recvfrom calls, though the connect(2) call may also be used to fix the destination for future packets (in which case the recv(2) or read(2) and send(2) or write(2) system calls may be used). UDP address formats are identical to those used by TCP. In particular UDP provides a port identifier in addition to the normal Internet address format. Note that the UDP port space is separate from the TCP port space (i.e. a UDP port may not be "connected" to a TCP port). In addition broadcast packets may be sent (assuming the underlying network supports this) by using a reserved "broadcast address"; this address is network interface dependent. Options at the IP transport level may be used with UDP; see ip(4P). DIAGNOSTICS
A socket operation may fail with one of the following errors returned: [EISCONN] when trying to establish a connection on a socket which already has one, or when trying to send a datagram with the destina- tion address specified and the socket is already connected; [ENOTCONN] when trying to send a datagram, but no destination address is specified, and the socket hasn't been connected; [ENOBUFS] when the system runs out of memory for an internal data structure; [EADDRINUSE] when an attempt is made to create a socket with a port which has already been allocated; [EADDRNOTAVAIL] when an attempt is made to create a socket with a network address for which no network interface exists. SEE ALSO
getsockopt(2), recv(2), send(2), socket(2), intro(4N), inet(4F), ip(4P) 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 16, 1986 UDP(4P)