Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to search & list subdirectories with the given file name Post 302568718 by Siva SQL on Friday 28th of October 2011 04:51:32 AM
Old 10-28-2011
How to search & list subdirectories with the given file name

Question:
How to search & list subdirectories with the given file name?

For example:
The directory structure looks like;

/Builds/DEV/Build_RL01/DDL/
a_tbl_cre.sql
/Builds/DEV/Build_RL01/DML/
a_upd.sql

Requirements:
1. I need to find subdirectory DML which is not empty and have file name *.sql only under root folder RL02
Environment : HP - Unix

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search all subdirectories?

Dear All, I want to write the Unix command that searches through all subdirectories, finds the files named ''core'' and deletes them. I will very much appreciate your help. David (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: david_wang
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list largest files in a directory & its subdirectories

I need to find the largest files in a directory & it's subdirectories. I'm not sure what options on ls -l will work to give me this. or is there another way to do this? Thanks, igidttam (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search files in a directory and its subdirectories

Hello my friends, I need to write a simple shell bad file :D that search and delete a file it's name 'Microsoft.txt' in the current directory and its subdirectories? So can you help to guide me how i can write this shell, Just give me the beginning :o thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Net-Man
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I search first&second string & copy all content between them to other file?

Hi All, How do I search first string & second string and copy all content between them from one file to another file? Please help me.. Thanks In Advance. Regards, Pankaj (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajp
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for & edit rows & columns in data file and pipe

Dear unix gurus, I have a data file with header information about a subject and also 3 columns of n rows of data on various items he owns. The data file looks something like this: adam peter blah blah blah blah blah blah car 01 30 200 02 31 400 03 57 121 .. .. .. .. .. .. n y... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintin72
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search for files in subdirectories

Hi! I want to find files located in subdirectories. I have tried ls -R | grep myfile but this won't tell me where the file is, only that it is there. Any one have a better idea? Thanks, --Euclid (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: euclid3628800
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search in all subdirectories for a file containing a certain string

Hello, how can I search a directory AND all its subdirectories for a file containing a certain string? My directories contain too many sql-files and I want to know whcih one of them write into the table "customer"? Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ABE2202
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take a list if strings from a file and search them in a list of files and report them

I have a file 1.txt with the below contents. -----cat 1.txt----- 1234 5678 1256 1234 1247 ------------------- I have 3 more files in a folder -----ls -lrt------- A1.txt A2.txt A3.txt ------------------- The contents of those three files are similar format with different data values... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use ls or find for search of subdirectories?

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhsinger
5 Replies
oarnodesetting(1)						   OAR commands 						 oarnodesetting(1)

NAME
oarnodesetting - Change the state and properties of a node in OAR. SYNOPSIS
oarnodesetting [-h hostname | [[-r resource_number][--sql "sql syntax"] | -a]] DESCRIPTION
This command is used to Change the state and properties of a node in OAR. OPTIONS
-a, --add Add a new resource. -s, --state STATE Set the new state of the node. The available states are: Alive, Absent and Dead. -m, --maintenance on/off Set the maintenance mode on/off (resource state will be set to absent and available_upto field set to 0). -h, --hostname HOSTNAME Set the node hostname. -r, --resource Set the resource. --sql Get resource identifiers which respond to the SQL where clause on the table jobs (ex: "type = 'default'"). -p, --property "PROPERTY=VALUE" Set the property of the node to the given value. -n, --nowait Do not wait for job ends when the node switches to Absent or Dead. EXAMPLES
oarnodesetting -s Alive -h node012 oarnodesetting -s Absent -h node012 COPYRIGHTS
Copyright 2003-2012 LIG http://lig.imag.fr This software is licensed under the GNU General Public License Version 2 or above. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. oarnodesetting 2012-05-23 oarnodesetting(1)