Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: traceroute missing hop
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat traceroute missing hop Post 302568472 by Skrynesaver on Thursday 27th of October 2011 11:23:17 AM
Old 10-27-2011
there is however tcptraceroute honest responses t which are less optional

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how we can use traceroute

how we can use traceroute in unix c so how we can get the output of traceroute command in c thank u,inadvance sree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

traceroute

Hi, Can any one suggest me an add on feature for the traceroute command. Thanks in advance. Regards, Selvi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvi
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

Traceroute doesn't show gateway as hop

I have a Linux server connected to the Internet like so: Server (66.77.88.130) -> /29 VLAN Gateway (66.77.88.129) -> Core Router (64.0.0.1) -> Internet If I run a traceroute from my server to an arbitrary site on the internet I get a result like this: # traceroute some-other-server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnet
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

traceroute

Good afternoon Can anyone explain traceroutes to me and when it would be necessary/what situations would call one to use it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Traceroute

I have some question about traceroute: 1. Can we hide our computer from traceroute? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budiantho_indra
2 Replies

6. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies
Net::DNS::Async(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Net::DNS::Async(3pm)

NAME
Net::DNS::Async - Asynchronous DNS helper for high volume applications SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Async; my $c = new Net::DNS::Async(QueueSize => 20, Retries => 3); for (...) { $c->add(&callback, @query); } $c->await(); sub callback { my $response = shift; ... } DESCRIPTION
Net::DNS::Async is a fire-and-forget asynchronous DNS helper. That is, the user application adds DNS questions to the helper, and the callback will be called at some point in the future without further intervention from the user application. The application need not handle selects, timeouts, waiting for a response or any other such issues. If the same query is added to the queue more than once, the module may combine the queries; that is, it will perform the query only once, and will call each callback registered for that query in turn, passing the same Net::DNS::Response object to each query. For this reason, you should not modify the Net::DNS::Response object in any way lest you break things horribly for a subsequent callback. This module is similar in principle to POE::Component::Client::DNS, but does not require POE. CONSTRUCTOR
The class method new(...) constructs a new helper object. All arguments are optional. The following parameters are recognised as arguments to new(): QueueSize The size of the query queue. If this is exceeded, further calls to add() will block until some responses are received or time out. Retries The number of times to retry a query before giving up. Timeout The timeout for an individual query. METHODS
$c->add($callback, @query) Adds a new query for asynchronous handling. The @query arguments are those to Net::DNS::Resolver->bgsend(), q.v. This call will block if the queue is full. When some pending responses are received or timeout events occur, the call will unblock. The user callback will be called at some point in the future, with a Net::DNS::Packet object representing the response. If the query timed out after the specified number of retries, the callback will be called with undef. $c->await() Flushes the queue, that is, waits for and handles all remaining responses. BUGS
The test suite does not test query timeouts. SEE ALSO
Net::DNS, POE::Component::Client::DNS COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2006 Shevek. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2008-10-03 Net::DNS::Async(3pm)