Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Launch remote gui apps in remote hosts Post 302567624 by zauberberg on Monday 24th of October 2011 01:52:28 PM
Old 10-24-2011
Hi,

Exactly what I want to do is run aplication in remote users, for example if I have an app that open a picture or launch firefox, this should be launch in the remote screen. Not in mine. If I want to automate my program this has to be opened in the remote machines, and not only the process. If I connect through ssh and I launch a my app, I only see the process not the program window.

Yes its true forget Cygwin by now.

Thanks,

Juan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

launch & monitor process on remote host

Hi, I am working on HPUX11 systems. I intend to achieve following: Need to write a shell script that will launch a program on remote UNIX machine. It will be gr8 if in addition, the remote process can be monitored using some feedback. I donno how to use rsh / ssh for this. (specifying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrx
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files between remote hosts

Don't know if its correct to write into this topic but how can I copy files from a Windows machine to a UNIX system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp into remote hosts

Hi all, Have used ftp to transfer files from remote host to localhost. I was wondering how can I ftp into remote hosts. for example from a unix box, connect to an external server and then ftp that file into mainframe ? I would like to avoid pulling it to unix box and then ftping to mainframe.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kodermanna
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Know is a Remote hosts have open port

Hi gurus of unix!!!!, I have a little question. I nedd your helps The scenarios is the following I have tree equipment that are installed in different places. I use a carrier to interconnect the equipment. Some Port's (TCP) need to be open for an application that must be function correctly. For... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Check executed commands from remote hosts

Hello, Is there any way to check which user and from which IP executed a command to the server.I need something like the history but with information also from which IP the command executed. Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote hosts and wide output?

Hello forum: I am curious about some output that I get using an alias <command> on a remote host and I wondered if someone could point me in the right direction. Symptoms: Using "ssh -qi /path/to/key root@som.ipa.ddr.ess mail" (or variation of via alias) only gives a partial textual... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Port Time outs on Remote Hosts

I monitor all my servers using Nagios. Now, for Nagios to run certain checks, it has to connect to remote hosts via a certain port. Lets say the port is 8090. Now, when Nagios connects to a remote host (for an example) via port 8090, and it has to run 6 checks (scripts) on that remote host, i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH to remote hosts in shell scripting

Hi There, I have a file contaning some 100 servers names one by one the file called redhat_servers.txt I want to prepare a script where it should give me the host name and kernal version. I wrote like this, #!/bin/bash while read line do ssh $line "uname -nr" done <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
3 Replies

9. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk remote multiple hosts print remote hostname and output

Hi all, i'm trying to gether multiple pattern on remote hosts, and trying to print hostname and the pattern, ssh remoteserver1 -C 'hostname 2>&1;cat /var/log/server1.log | awk -F ";" '"'"'{ print " "$2" "$5}'"'"'| sort | uniq -c | sort -g -r ' The output is the following, remoteserver1 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
8 Replies
dbus-launch(1)						      General Commands Manual						    dbus-launch(1)

NAME
dbus-launch - Utility to start a message bus from a shell script SYNOPSIS
dbus-launch [--version] [--sh-syntax] [--csh-syntax] [--auto-syntax] [--exit-with-session] [--autolaunch=MACHINEID] [--config-file=FILE- NAME] [PROGRAM] [ARGS...] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-launch command is used to start a session bus instance of dbus-daemon from a shell script. It would normally be called from a user's login scripts. Unlike the daemon itself, dbus-launch exits, so backticks or the $() construct can be used to read information from dbus-launch. With no arguments, dbus-launch will launch a session bus instance and print the address and pid of that instance to standard output. You may specify a program to be run; in this case, dbus-launch will launch a session bus instance, set the appropriate environment vari- ables so the specified program can find the bus, and then execute the specified program, with the specified arguments. See below for exam- ples. If you launch a program, dbus-launch will not print the information about the new bus to standard output. When dbus-launch prints bus information to standard output, by default it is in a simple key-value pairs format. However, you may request several alternate syntaxes using the --sh-syntax, --csh-syntax, --binary-syntax, or --auto-syntax options. Several of these cause dbus- launch to emit shell code to set up the environment. With the --auto-syntax option, dbus-launch looks at the value of the SHELL environment variable to determine which shell syntax should be used. If SHELL ends in "csh", then csh-compatible code is emitted; otherwise Bourne shell code is emitted. Instead of passing --auto-syn- tax, you may explicity specify a particular one by using --sh-syntax for Bourne syntax, or --csh-syntax for csh syntax. In scripts, it's more robust to avoid --auto-syntax and you hopefully know which shell your script is written in. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information about D-Bus. See also the man page for dbus-daemon. Here is an example of how to use dbus-launch with an sh-compatible shell to start the per-session bus daemon: ## test for an existing bus daemon, just to be safe if test -z "$DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS" ; then ## if not found, launch a new one eval `dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session` echo "D-Bus per-session daemon address is: $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS" fi You might run something like that in your login scripts. Another way to use dbus-launch is to run your main session program, like so: dbus-launch gnome-session The above would likely be appropriate for ~/.xsession or ~/.Xclients. AUTOMATIC LAUNCHING
If DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS is not set for a process that tries to use D-Bus, by default the process will attempt to invoke dbus-launch with the --autolaunch option to start up a new session bus or find the existing bus address on the X display or in a file in ~/.dbus/ses- sion-bus/ Whenever an autolaunch occurs, the application that had to start a new bus will be in its own little world; it can effectively end up starting a whole new session if it tries to use a lot of bus services. This can be suboptimal or even totally broken, depending on the app and what it tries to do. There are two common reasons for autolaunch. One is ssh to a remote machine. The ideal fix for that would be forwarding of DBUS_SES- SION_BUS_ADDRESS in the same way that DISPLAY is forwarded. In the meantime, you can edit the session.conf config file to have your ses- sion bus listen on TCP, and manually set DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS, if you like. The second common reason for autolaunch is an su to another user, and display of X applications running as the second user on the display belonging to the first user. Perhaps the ideal fix in this case would be to allow the second user to connect to the session bus of the first user, just as they can connect to the first user's display. However, a mechanism for that has not been coded. You can always avoid autolaunch by manually setting DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS. Autolaunch happens because the default address if none is set is "autolaunch:", so if any other address is set there will be no autolaunch. You can however include autolaunch in an explicit session bus address as a fallback, for example DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="something:,autolaunch:" - in that case if the first address doesn't work, pro- cesses will autolaunch. (The bus address variable contains a comma-separated list of addresses to try.) The --autolaunch option is considered an internal implementation detail of libdbus, and in fact there are plans to change it. There's no real reason to use it outside of the libdbus implementation anyhow. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --auto-syntax Choose --csh-syntax or --sh-syntax based on the SHELL environment variable. --binary-syntax Write to stdout a nul-terminated bus address, then the bus PID as a binary integer of size sizeof(pid_t), then the bus X window ID as a binary integer of size sizeof(long). Integers are in the machine's byte order, not network byte order or any other canonical byte order. --close-stderr Close the standard error output stream before starting the D-Bus daemon. This is useful if you want to capture dbus-launch error messages but you don't want dbus-daemon to keep the stream open to your application. --config-file=FILENAME Pass --config-file=FILENAME to the bus daemon, instead of passing it the --session argument. See the man page for dbus-daemon --csh-syntax Emit csh compatible code to set up environment variables. --exit-with-session If this option is provided, a persistent "babysitter" process will be created that watches stdin for HUP and tries to connect to the X server. If this process gets a HUP on stdin or loses its X connection, it kills the message bus daemon. --autolaunch=MACHINEID This option implies that dbus-launch should scan for a previously-started session and reuse the values found there. If no session is found, it will start a new session. The --exit-with-session option is implied if --autolaunch is given. This option is for the exclusive use of libdbus, you do not want to use it manually. It may change in the future. --sh-syntax Emit Bourne-shell compatible code to set up environment variables. --version Print the version of dbus-launch AUTHOR
See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/doc/AUTHORS BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-launch(1)