Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Trying to eject cdrom
Operating Systems Solaris Trying to eject cdrom Post 302567495 by karthick.sh on Monday 24th of October 2011 10:26:03 AM
Old 10-24-2011
you could perform the following steps....not sure of it though

#/etc/init.d/volmgt stop
#eject
#/etc/init.d/volmgt start

---------- Post updated at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:25 AM ----------

After you get this error

bash-2.05# eject
No default media available

try removing the media manually.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eject Tape

Hi, I'm using AIX and I'm looking for a command that can eject the tape. Any help is highly appreciated. Regards, BS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbhavis
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

eject floppy messages

Anyone know if there is a way to keep the "/dev/floppy/... can now be ejected" messages from coming up on the screen? I'm using Solaris 8 and it pops a message up, which is fine, but it also writes text in the terminal session... that is what I'm trying to avoid. I have tried running in silent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serious_Lee
4 Replies

3. Solaris

cdrom will not eject

Hi I have placed a CD into the rom and now I can not eject it. when i type in eject cdrom i get the follwing error root@ssdb0009 # eject cdrom /vol/dev/rdsk/c0t6d0/dp_a0500_solaris_7_and_8_cd: Device busy Therefore i try and eject it with the -f option (eject -f cdrom) I still get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisca
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Tape eject using nsrjb

We have just got a Sun L8 tape library and I was trying to script a couple of things. One was to eject (export) a tape from the machine. nsrjb seems to have an enormous amount of options but this is one thing I have not been able to do. Anybody ever managed to do it? Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Argus
1 Replies

5. AIX

Eject CDROM?

Now i have a prolem! I double click on my zip file from cdrom. System can not read my zip file and i can not eject my cdrom. How can i manage process and can i end a process or how can i eject my cdrom? please have me! thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenguyen0101
4 Replies

6. Solaris

SF V210 CDROM drive auto eject!

Hi, When I insert a cd to CDROM drive in SF V210 Solaris 10 it took seconds then eject it auto! How can I solve this issue? Thanks Regards :) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: HishamN
8 Replies

7. AIX

eject dvd/cd

does someone knows how to eject a dvd/cd device? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcpetela
2 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

eject virtual tape

Hi i´m working with aix 6.1 and DL4100 (virtual tape library from EMC) and i makes backups (mksysb) into virtual drive (virtual standalone drive). I need eject de tape when backup is finished and I don't now what command use. Thanks for your help. The commands mt and tctl doesn't works.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolaf
0 Replies

9. Solaris

CDROM will not eject - says device busy

Hi, I've seen similar posts on this board about ejecting CDROMs but I've tried the solutions people suggested but still cannot eject the CD. It's stuck in a production box so I can't reboot it... bash-3.00# eject -f cdrom /vol/dev/dsk/c0t0d0/sol_10_106_sparc/s0: Device busy bash-3.00#... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy54321
14 Replies

10. Solaris

How to eject boot cdrom after booting from it?

Hey everyone, I currently have a sparcstation 5, and am trying to run some scripts on it without booting off the hard drive. Currently I am using a Solaris 8 install cd to boot into single user mode. However, the scripts I have are on a different CD. What I would like to do is to use the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: idlechatter
6 Replies
vold(1M)                                                  System Administration Commands                                                  vold(1M)

NAME
vold - Volume Management daemon to manage removable media devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/vold [-n] [-t] [-v] [-f config-file] [-l log-file] [-d root-dir] [-L debug-level] DESCRIPTION
The Volume Management daemon, vold, creates and maintains a file system image rooted at root-dir that contains symbolic names for removable media devices. These devices include CD-ROMs, floppies, DVDs, and USB 1394 devices. The default root-dir is set to /vol if no directory is specified by the -d option. vold reads the /etc/vold.conf configuration file upon startup. If the configuration file is modified later, vold must be told to reread the /etc/vold.conf file. Do this by entering: example# kill -HUP vold_pid To tell vold to clean up and exit, the SIGTERM signal is used: example# kill -TERM vold_pid where vold_pid is the process ID of vold. A disk storage device can not be removed or inserted while vold is active. To remove or insert a removeable mass storage device such as a USB memory stick, first stop the daemon by issuing the command /etc/init.d/volmgt stop. After the device has been removed or inserted, restart the daemon by issuing the command /etc/init.d/volmgt start. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -n Never writeback. Volume Management updates media labels with unique information if labels are not unique. This flag keeps Volume Management from changing your media. The default setting is FALSE. -t Dump NFS trace information to the log file. The default setting is FALSE. -v Provide lots of status information to the log file. The default setting is FALSE (do not provide status info to log file). -d root-dir Specify an alternate root directory. The default location is /vol. Setting this will also cause other Volume Management utilities to use this as the default root directory. -fconfig-file Specify an alternate configuration file. The default file is /etc/vold.conf. -llog-file Specify an alternate log file. The default log file is /var/adm/vold.log. -Ldebug-level Change the level (verbosity) of debug messages sent to the log file. The range is 0 to 99 where 0 is nothing and 99 is everything. The default level is 0. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
vold sets the following environment variables to aid programs which are called when events such as insert, notify, and eject occur: VOLUME_ACTION Event that caused this program to be executed. VOLUME_PATH Pathname of the matched regex from the vold.conf file. VOLUME_DEVICE Device (in /vol/dev) that applies to the media. VOLUME_NAME Name of the volume in question. VOLUME_USER User ID of the user causing the event to occur. VOLUME_SYMNAME Symbolic name of a device containing the volume. VOLUME_MEDIATYPE Name of the type of media (CD-ROM, floppy or rmdisk) FILES
/etc/vold.conf Volume Management daemon configuration file. Directs the Volume Management daemon to control certain devices, and causes events to occur when specific criteria are met. /usr/lib/vold/*.so.1 Shared objects called by Volume Management daemon when certain actions occur. /var/adm/vold.log the default log file location (see the -l option for a description). /vol the default Volume Management root directory. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWvolu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
volcancel(1), volcheck(1), volmissing(1), rmmount(1M), rpc.smserverd(1M), rmmount.conf(4), vold.conf(4), attributes(5), volfs(7FS) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 13 Sept 2004 vold(1M)