Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Web Site Performance Issue
Top Forums Web Development Web Site Performance Issue Post 302567327 by Hari_Ganesh on Monday 24th of October 2011 01:34:31 AM
Old 10-24-2011
Thanks Otheus for the response.
I had the server stats collected through Nmon and also through my monitoring utilities and didn't see much difference.
Anyway i will implement your script and see if anything turns up.

Thanks
HG

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web site setup

Hi, I have a m/c loaded with redhat linux, static IP address and this m/c intern connected to the internet thro leaseline. Now i need to setup a company website has www.abc.xyz.com. What necessary configuration i need to do so that others can view our website. Thanks Bache Gowda (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web site mirroring

I have a unix server running RedHat Linux 9.0. I want to mirror my site on a different server with the same configuration so if the main server goes down, the other server will take over. How is this best accomplished? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wvmlt
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Site Creation - testing .*pl etc....

Hiya All, How can I test my PERL Scripts whilst making my web site? I'm hoping there is some software out there that emulates a Web Server - without all the hassle of my building/setting up a Web Server from Stratch (Never done anything like that before - my next big project! 8) ) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
7 Replies

4. AIX

intranet web site

hello I would like to create an internal web site, but how do i make it with Aix ? I must to install apache and send my http pages in the declared repertory ? There are some configuration files to modify ?? thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Site Performance

The UNIX Forums have many users, thanks to you. We will be upgrading the server soon, to make more processing room for all the users every day. In the meantime (while waiting on the server upgrade) have limited the forum to disallow new connections when the load average is above 20; and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
9 Replies

6. AIX

how to browse a web site using script

hi guys, ok this script, i am trying to browse a http site and store the output in a text file ... when i run the script , i get a http compatibility error. does any1 have a good solution to contact a http server and save the html in a text file.. i know the result comes with html tags. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirantalla
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help in creating my first web site?

I have always wanted to create my own site, I've only had one class about the basics in creating web pages but know i would like to get into more and more detailed info about doing so anyone with alot of experience please help me out.:b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprescod4158
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Site Performance II

I have updated the backend hosting for UNIX.COM and would appreciate feedback either in the form of a vote in the poll or a post so that we can plan for more changes if any are needed. In particular let me us know if you see any strange behavior from the site as there may still be some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: reborg
8 Replies
SYSMON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 SYSMON(8)

NAME
sysmon, stats - display graphs of system activity SYNOPSIS
sysmon [ machine [ -option ] ] stats [ -option ] DESCRIPTION
Sysmon displays a rolling graph of various statistics collected by the operating system. The statistics may be from a remote machine. A sample value is taken once per second. The number in the top left corner of the graph gives the peak value for the duration of the graph. Lines across the graph represent 75%, 50%, and 25% of the peak value. Clicking a mouse button anywhere in the window cycles through the list of parameters to monitor; an option letter sets the initial choice. The option letters and parameters are: [m] mem total pages of active memory. The memory is displayed as a fraction of the machine's total memory. [e] ether number of packets sent and received per second. [w] swap number of valid pages on the swap device. The swap is displayed as a fraction of the number of swap pages configured by the machine. [c] contxt number of process context switches per second. [i] intr number of interrupts per second. [f] fault number of memory faults per second. [t] tlbmiss number of translation look-aside buffer misses per second. [p] tlbpurge number of translation lookaside buffer flushes per second. [l] load system load average. The load is computed as a running average of the number of processes ready to run multiplied by 1000 to give some precision. The stats program is invoked by sysmon to display the graph. FILES
/net/*/[0-n]/stats #c/sysstat SOURCE
/rc/bin/sysmon /sys/src/cmd/stats.c BUGS
Some machines do not have TLB hardware. SYSMON(8)