Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sftp automation script not working Post 302567317 by sravan008 on Monday 24th of October 2011 01:05:16 AM
Old 10-24-2011
Data sftp automation script not working

Hi all ,

can any one tell me how to code SFTP automation script ?

I searched lots of forums but i didn't get any useful informationSmilie

I don't want auto Login script > like if u run the script it should automatically login into specific account and etc..

Just i want the following things need to be in done in my script.

manual password entry.
after we enter the password , what ever the commands in shell script will have to execute .

I wrote the code like this >

sftp username@xyz.com
pwd
cd /xyz
get abc.ksh

But after login the command's are not executed , just simply i got prompt for manual entry Smilie

can any one please advise me on this Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP not working in cron

Hi, I have a simple script that is trying to put a file that resides on a local machine to a remote machine. It runs fine manually but does not complete when scheduling to run in cron. Here is what the script looks like. Any idea what I am doing wrong here? #!/bin/ksh cd /path sftp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ewilson0265
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sftp not working as cronjob

hi, I have a script that will automatically login into a server and get a file. it is working fine if i run it on a command line. however, when i tried to run it as a cron job, it is not working. what should i do? set timeout -1 spawn /usr/bin/sftp user1@server1 match_max 100000 expect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP password automation

I am working on a script to automate and SFTP that I am currently doing to a company that does not allow for a .ssh profile to be created. I have search and read about the -b option and am wondering if i can get some more information about it. I tried to right a file containing the password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaycheetwood
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP automation with password/passphrase

Hi All, We have a special requirement from our client, we need to automate one of the sftp job with password authentication. I know sftp can be automated with Key authentication, but this is not what I am looking for. Can some body help me, a method like .netrc in FTP automation or like sftp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yet another sftp automation question

Hello, I've read quite a few of the sftp questions and answers on the forum but I believe my situation is slightly different. I need to automate an sftp transfer to a host that requires not only a ssh publickey, but also a password. When I try using sftp in batch mode, supplying a "user... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: n3llyb0y
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp autologin is working but ...

Dears, I am new to linux scripting and I was look for a way to auto login to a server using sftp to download a file. I found one and it is working fine. But i don't know the meaning of <<EOF in the code. Any one explain it to me: #!/bin/sh HOST=yourservername USER=yourusername ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: torabi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp commands not working in shell script

hi, i am having 2 linux boxes as source and 1 linux box as destination.i want to create a shell script containing code to transfer a csv file from either of the 2 linux boxes (file will be present in just one box, i need to check both the boxes to see which box has the csv file) to 3rd linux box... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxlearn2013
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Sftp command not working

What is wrong with this sftp command being used in one line: sftp /Data/SEmisstn.gz lsmsadit@144.226.213.23:/test/lsms.SEmisstn.gz The ssh key is already setup. The node is valid and i can ssh to it as well as do a manual step by step sftp to the server. However, for some odd reason, i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple sftp script not working - Please help

I have the below sftp script to transfer a file from a linux host(source) to another linux host(target). Public key is already set up in target host and I am able to transfer file using sftp from source to target. But not sure why the below script(ftp_script) is not working. Any help in this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Armaan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mget with SFTP is not working

hi Team, I am connecting from one (A) linux server to another(C)/any linux server by sftp on A linux server: sftp userid@C password: mget is Not working fine I am using mget to pull the files. it shows mget as invalid command. But from (B) Linux server to (C) /to Any server Linux... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsnow
15 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)