Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: writing the main script file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting writing the main script file Post 302567086 by ahamed101 on Saturday 22nd of October 2011 06:39:33 AM
Old 10-22-2011
Try this...
Code:
. ./archive.config
find $SrcDirectory -type f "!" -mtime $Days -exec mv {} $DestDirectory \;

--ahamed
This User Gave Thanks to ahamed101 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help writing script file

Does anyone know how I can write a script file that reads 15 numbers and can find the average, maximum and minimum of the 15 numbers. I'm new to UNIX 1 month into it, and (no) this is not for homework. I'm reading UNIX unbounded and trying the practice questions and I've been working on... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: lanboy_2005
19 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing to a file within a script

Hi, At the moment i have a script where it asks the user if they want to create a file and what to put in the file. The problem is when the script is run the user inputs the information, though when they are finished typing what they want to be in the file there is no way for the program to know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaken
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing script file for database

how to disable a constraint type of a field (present in diffrent tables) in the database unix a unix script file.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaksing
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for writing to a file

Hi, Can some some give ideas/help how to write to a file. i need to create a calender from the inputs given on command line i.e frm date,todate & -i is interval is given to write to a file. -i is 1 then a calender is daily , if -i =2 then calender is alternate day e.g $1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: innocent
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP! writing shell script with c++ file

how would i write a shell script to count number of one-line comments in a c++ file. please help with coding thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deadleg
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help writing a script to find a file

I just started learning about Unix and I cant figure out what im doing wrong. I'm trying to write a script that will ask for the file name and tell what type it is. This is what i have so far. http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h123/wacand/untitled.jpg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wacand
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with writing shell script file

I am trying to prompt the user using tput command to read the information ( 5 last names, first names and grades) from the keyboard. Save the data in a file called student.txt. Sort the file by last name and display it on the screen My pseudocode is as follow: Pseudocode: Initialize... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jestaton
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing a script to edit a file

Hi all, I need help in writing a script to edit a file Here is the sample of my file abc xxx 123 456 789 045 def yyy 987 678 098 cdf zzz 435 543 jhg vvv 987 765 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo.maveriick
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a script that will take the first line from each file and store it in an output file

Hi, I have 1000 files names data1.txt through data1000.txt inside a folder. I want to write a script that will take each first line from the files and write them as output into a new file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Writing File Restore Script

Hi all, I have been tasked with creating a script that sends a file into a created "recycling" directory and another script that restores a "deleted" file. I have already created the removal script but am stuck on the restoring part. I need to restore the file to its original location by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashbeginner
0 Replies
NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)						File Formats Manual					     NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/netscript/network.conf - interface, firewalling, and QoS configuration file. /etc/netscript/if.conf - interface setup shell script file /etc/netscript/qos.conf - QoS setup shell script file /etc/netscript/ipfilter.conf - IP chains filtering shell script file /etc/netscript/srvfilter.conf - server IP filter shell script file DESCRIPTION
This manpage is a place holder until something better is written when the netscript itself has stopped changing rapidly. Please see the README file in the /etc/netscript directory, and READ the configuration files if you need to change them. Apart from net- work.conf, all of them contain sh (1) shell script functions which are there so that various things can be altered or hooked in at the right place. Network.conf contains the full network setup details, including special interface setup for the likes of ciped/pppd/wanconfig, and is fully commented with examples given. UPGRADE PATH FROM KERNEL 2.2.X The firewall/IP filtering stuff in ipfilter.conf is the part that changed radically with the move to iptables and a far better way of set- ting up the IP filtering rules, however the QoS and interface startup/shutdown in if.conf have changed but are backwards compatible with the old 2.2.x ipchains version of netscript for the interface address configuration settings. You will have to set up the filtering again to use iptables by directly using the iptables commands. Also, the kernel 2.2.x version scripts are set up so that iptables is only run on a 2.4.x kernel, otherwise IP forwarding is disabled if beforehand you set IPFWDING_KERNEL to FILTER_ON in network.conf. This means that when you upgrade a box to a 2.4.x router kernel, you should then be able to reboot it and log into remotely and upgrade netscript to the version that will support 2.4.x. In this situation, if you have set old IPFWDING_KERNEL setting to FILTER_ON beforehand in network.conf, all IP forwarding through the box will also be disabled. This means that you can safely remotely upgrade a firewall. SEE ALSO
netscript(8), ipchains(8), iproute(8), brcfg(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <grantma@anathoth.gen.nz>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BUGS
The author is lazy. He needs to write btter man pages... November 23, 2000 NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)