Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scripts to Interact with Webpages Post 302566936 by felipe.vinturin on Friday 21st of October 2011 01:11:26 PM
Old 10-21-2011
Maybe this link: cURL - Tutorial helps you.

It uses another unix command called: cURL

I used it once to do something similar to what you want, but I cannot find it!

Hope it helps.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Threaded Discussions for Webpages

Dear All, I run a website for a non-profit. Does anyone know where I can get free or cheap software to run threaded discussions for our website? Our website is obviously running off a unix platform. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evertk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script to detect webpages from file

Hi guys I'm very new to unix and I have to create an awk script that detects webpage addresses from a file/webpage and outputs how many times each webpage was detected.e.g. if my file was: (Note: The symbol " was added to stop them being created into links) "www.google.com"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ROFL
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script to detect webpages from file

Hi guys I'm very new to unix and I have to create an awk script that detects webpage addresses from a file/webpage and outputs how many times each webpage was detected.e.g. if my file was: www.google.com www.facebook.com www.google.com the output should be: www.google.com x2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROFL
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hosting webpages(jspx) on Linux

Hi guys, I have developed a small website using jspx pages. Now i want to host the website to a server which is a linux machine. The linux machine which i m referring to is already hosting some web pages(jspx) through a web server Which is running at port 8888. My first question would be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
0 Replies

5. Hardware

Use of SSD for serving webpages

I have seen research articles and forum postings that demonstrate that SSDs are poor at reading large files: the larger the file, the slower the SSD compared to traditional hard disk drives. The difference with hard disk drives becomes apparent at medium size files, say 20KB. Does this mean that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Methods of reducing latency with downloading webpages?

I've been wondering how I can reduce latency in downloading webpages. I've been pointed to network sockets (This guide in specific, beej's guide to network programming ) as some method to do so, but I can't figure out how to apply it in the way I need it. I am iterating through webpages like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: seagaia
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script - Interact help

Hi Guys, Further to my post yesterday I have got round the issue of not being able to use expect by using one of our unix machines to have the script running instead of the jumpbox itself. However my issue is I now have an extra bit it the script which is shh to the jumpbox which requires a ras... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expect and interact

I am trying to log on to server as a normal user and then sudo to root. I am using below expect script. $ cat SC.orig expect <<EOF # | tee -a $LOGFILE spawn sshpass -p "mypassword" ssh -l myid nim expect "$" send "sudo su - root\n" expect "Password:" send "mypassword\n"; sleep 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri243
3 Replies
CURL_SETOPT_ARRAY(3)							 1						      CURL_SETOPT_ARRAY(3)

curl_setopt_array - Set multiple options for a cURL transfer

SYNOPSIS
bool curl_setopt_array (resource $ch, array $options) DESCRIPTION
Sets multiple options for a cURL session. This function is useful for setting a large amount of cURL options without repetitively calling curl_setopt(3). PARAMETERS
o $ch -A cURL handle returned by curl_init(3). o $options - An array specifying which options to set and their values. The keys should be valid curl_setopt(3) constants or their integer equivalents. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if all options were successfully set. If an option could not be successfully set, FALSE is immediately returned, ignoring any future options in the $options array. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Initializing a new cURL session and fetching a web page <?php // create a new cURL resource $ch = curl_init(); // set URL and other appropriate options $options = array(CURLOPT_URL => 'http://www.example.com/', CURLOPT_HEADER => false ); curl_setopt_array($ch, $options); // grab URL and pass it to the browser curl_exec($ch); // close cURL resource, and free up system resources curl_close($ch); ?> Prior to PHP 5.1.3 this function can be simulated with: Example #2 Our own implementation of curl_setopt_array(3) <?php if (!function_exists('curl_setopt_array')) { function curl_setopt_array(&$ch, $curl_options) { foreach ($curl_options as $option => $value) { if (!curl_setopt($ch, $option, $value)) { return false; } } return true; } } ?> NOTES
Note As with curl_setopt(3), passing an array to CURLOPT_POST will encode the data as multipart/form-data, while passing a URL-encoded string will encode the data as application/x-www-form-urlencoded. SEE ALSO
curl_setopt(3). PHP Documentation Group CURL_SETOPT_ARRAY(3)