Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Displays the text upward
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displays the text upward Post 302566923 by gizmo16 on Friday 21st of October 2011 12:48:09 PM
Old 10-21-2011
Displays the text upward

I need to print out text from a file in the console up, you know someone like that?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Displays

I have a TV and a monitor hooked up to my box. Right now the system is displaying all the information on the TV instead of the monitor, obviously I want to switch this, as the TV is very impracticle for everything other than watching movies. I thought I remembered a command I used to use that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synbios
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Dual Displays HP-UX 10.20

Hello All! Where I work we have C3600's that have a video cards that have both DVI and Regular RBG type monitor ports on them. My question is: is it possible to spread my desktop across two monitors that are plugged into the one card much like you can do with NVIDIA software like NVIEW for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giftedone
0 Replies

3. AIX

who -r displays no output

Hello. I have an AIX machine at 6100-00. We had some strange activity since filling up /tmp. One symptom is that who -r displays no output. It doesn't hang just no output is displayed. We are going to boot the machine, but prior to that I'd like to dig a bit to see what may be causing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maficdan
0 Replies

4. Solaris

swap displays differently

A new x86 server was installed with 16G of memory. The swap space assigned in the prtvtoc is also 16G. But after the installation of the OS and verifying, noticed df -k output for swap shows as 30G. Other systems do not have this characteristic. Whats wrong in here?:eek: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls -l displays size in KB, MB, GB?

Hi, ls -l displays the long listing of a file in 8 fields. Query: ------ Does ls -l display the filename size in KB or MB or GB? -rwxrwxr-x 1 xx dba 655 May 22 06:27 time Here 655 is KB or MB or GB? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
2 Replies

6. Solaris

ls -l displays output with an error

when i use ls command it works normal but when i using additional parameter with ls like ls -l , ls -a... it shows a error followed by the output. # ls -l ./hgfs: Operation not applicable total 12861 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jun 1 21:12 1 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Cat/tac displays nothing but vi does

Hi, Today i have seen a file which shows nothing when i use cat/tac. But when i use vi it displays a single line at the top. There are no other lines. I am curious why cat/tac doesn't display that line and only vi does? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script going upward and downward direction

Hello, I have a log file as shown below. Each line starts with instance nr. : Session: IP Processing HTTP Socket Command : Connecting User-Agent Media: : NOT Rejected Media : Session: Username Request Channel : Username : Check if he is in User Database : Username : not in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash $(...) DISPLAYS EVERY COMMAND

I use things like this a lot in ksh and bash, but lately bash has been printing the command for every loop: ... | while read f do if then echo Differ "$f" fi done How to prevent this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGPickett
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Output Displays Multiple Text

Hello there, I'm using a read-while loop to preserve the word Failed within a text file. For example, if the word Failed exist twice in a single text file, my STDOUT should re-direct to a new text file and display Failed twice. My output is attached to this thread. I would like output to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SysAdminRialto
4 Replies
console(1T)						       Tk Built-In Commands						       console(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
console - Control the console on systems without a real console SYNOPSIS
console subcommand ?arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The console window is a replacement for a real console to allow input and output on the standard I/O channels on platforms that do not have a real console. It is implemented as a separate interpreter with the Tk toolkit loaded, and control over this interpreter is given through the console command. The behaviour of the console window is defined mainly through the contents of the console.tcl file in the Tk library (or the Console resource on Macintosh systems.) console eval script Evaluate the script argument as a Tcl script in the console interpreter. The normal interpreter is accessed through the consolein- terp command in the console interpreter. console hide Hide the console window from view. Precisely equivalent to withdrawing the . window in the console interpreter. console show Display the console window. Precisely equivalent to deiconifying the . window in the console interpreter. console title ?string? Query or modify the title of the console window. If string is not specified, queries the title of the console window, and sets the title of the console window to string otherwise. Precisely equivalent to using the wm title command in the console interpreter. ACCESS TO THE MAIN INTERPRETER
The consoleinterp command in the console interpreter allows scripts to be evaluated in the main interpreter. It supports two subcommands: eval and record. consoleinterp eval script Evaluates script as a Tcl script at the global level in the main interpreter. consoleinterp record script Records and evaluates script as a Tcl script at the global level in the main interpreter as if script had been typed in at the con- sole. ADDITIONAL TRAP CALLS
There are several additional commands in the console interpreter that are called in response to activity in the main interpreter. These are documented here for completeness only; they form part of the internal implementation of the console and are likely to change or be mod- ified without warning. Output to the console from the main interpreter via the stdout and stderr channels is handled by invoking the tk::ConsoleOutput command in the console interpreter with two arguments. The first argument is the name of the channel being written to, and the second argument is the string being written to the channel (after encoding and end-of-line translation processing has been performed.) When the . window of the main interpreter is destroyed, the tk::ConsoleExit command in the console interpreter is called (assuming the con- sole interpreter has not already been deleted itself, that is.) DEFAULT BINDINGS
The default script creates a console window (implemented using a text widget) that has the following behaviour: [1] Pressing the tab key inserts a TAB character (as defined by the Tcl escape.) [2] Pressing the return key causes the current line (if complete by the rules of info complete) to be passed to the main interpreter for evaluation. [3] Pressing the delete key deletes the selected text (if any text is selected) or the character to the right of the cursor (if not at the end of the line.) [4] Pressing the backspace key deletes the selected text (if any text is selected) or the character to the left of the cursor (of not at the start of the line.) [5] Pressing either Control+A or the home key causes the cursor to go to the start of the line (but after the prompt, if a prompt is present on the line.) [6] Pressing either Control+E or the end key causes the cursor to go to the end of the line. [7] Pressing either Control+P or the up key causes the previous entry in the command history to be selected. [8] Pressing either Control+N or the down key causes the next entry in the command history to be selected. [9] Pressing either Control+B or the left key causes the cursor to move one character backward as long as the cursor is not at the prompt. [10] Pressing either Control+F or the right key causes the cursor to move one character forward. [11] Pressing F9 rebuilds the console window by destroying all its children and reloading the Tcl script that defined the console's be- haviour. Most other behaviour is the same as a conventional text widget except for the way that the <<Cut>> event is handled identically to the <<Copy>> event. EXAMPLE
Not all platforms have the console command, so debugging code often has the following code fragment in it so output produced by puts can be seen while during development: catch {console show} KEYWORDS
console, interpreter, window, interactive, output channels SEE ALSO
destroy(1T), fconfigure(1T), history(1T), interp(1T), puts(1T), text(1T), wm(1T) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tk 8.4 console(1T)