Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Perl script to create latex template. Post 302566908 by veerubiji on Friday 21st of October 2011 11:54:21 AM
Old 10-21-2011
Hi, I generated latex template using perl,and complied with MikTeX, its genarating pdf. I written script like this
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env perl

use strict;
use warnings;

use XML::Fast;
use Template;

my $xml = <<'XML';
 <student>
      <number>24</number>
      <education>bachelors</education>
      <specialization>computers </specialization>
     <address>
         <house_number="128"/>
         <street name="xxxx"/>
           <proddutoor/>
      </address>   
</student>
<student>
      <number>23</number>
      <education>ph.d.</education>
      <specialization>physics </specialization>
     <address>
         <house_number="12"/>
         <street name="xxxx"/>
           <kadapa/>
      </address>
</student>
XML
my $xml_hash = xml2hash $xml;

my $template = Template->new();

my $filename = 'output.tex';

$template->process(\*DATA, $xml_hash, $filename)
    || die "Template process failed: ", $template->error(), "\n";

system( "pdflatex $filename" );

__DATA__
\documentclass{article}

\title{Roster}
\author{pavani}

\begin{document}
\maketitle

[% FOREACH st IN student %]
Student [% st.number %] is a [% st.specialization %] [% st.degree %] student and his address is[%address%][%house_number%][%street name%].
[% END %]

\end{document}

when I run it its generating pdf with like this
Code:
student 24 is a computers student and his address is HASH(0x274b27c)
student 23 is a computers student and his address is HASH(0x274b27c)

but I need to print address also but it printing hash not address how to get the address element content also like this
Code:
student 24 is a computers student and his address is 
 house_number="128";
 street name="xxxx";
 proddutoor.
student 23 is a computers student and his address is 
 house_number="12";
 street name="xxxx";
 kadapa.

what should I need to change to print like this in pdf.

2) I have one more question if I am giving input like this XML data its excuting what can I do if I have one file with data same as like this,for example more number of students data in my file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create users from template

Create users from template file (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rijeshpp
0 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Zabbix Template and PERL Script for Monitoring Apache2

Hello, Kindly find attached a copy of the Zabbix template and PERL script we are using to monitor our Apache2 server. Here are the entries for zabbix_agentd.conf UserParameter=apache2.total_accesses,/etc/zabbix/zabbix_apache2.pl|cut -f1 -d":"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

3. Programming

need help in perl template toolkit module.

Hi how can I read this information using template toolkit $var1= { 'STC'=> }; I am not able to get this type of complex data , Remaining everything I solved and I am getting output as I want but this problem suffers me.please help me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
0 Replies

4. Programming

perl script to create hash.

Hi, I have the xml file file this, perl script to create hash<p> <university> <name>svu</name> <location>ravru</location> <branch> <electronics> <student name="xxx" number="12"> <semester number="1"subjects="7" rank="2"/> </student> <student name="xxx"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create EVIM template with SAS extension

I write lots of SAS programs and would like to create a script that allows me to have a template each time I create a new program file. Specs: I use EVIM for my editor. I run SAS in batch mode. We use RedHat 6. I don't use c shell. I want a script that will do the following: >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: starbecks
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Remove LaTex Tag with perl

Hi, i am trying to remove all LaTex tags (\index{text} from a big input file, using perl. My current approach which does not work is the following. perl -ne '$/=undef; s/\\index\{*?\}//g; print' < $CWD/$OUTPUT.txt > tmp.txt But the tags still remain in the text. Can somebody tell my what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mortl
2 Replies

7. Programming

CGI Perl script to execute bash script- unable to create folder

Hi I have a bash script which takes parameters sh /tmp/gdg.sh -b BASE-NAME -n 1 -s /source/data -p /dest/data/archive -m ARC gdg.sh will scan the /source/data and will move the contents to /dest/data/archive after passing through some filters. Its working superb from bash I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

8. Programming

Perl script to create football formation

I need help to create varieties of football formation. The available positions are: GK SW DR DC DL WBR DM WBL MR MC ML AMR AMC AML ST But the conditions are: a. the maximum number in 1 formation: GK is 1 SW is 1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tzeronone
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Create an unconfigured VMware host from a template that is set to do firstboot --reconfig

I have an Oracle Linux 7.1 vsphere host built. It's be preconfigured with our security configurations. What I would like to do is unconfigure this host. Then set the host to do firstboot --reconfigure. how do I do that using /etc/sysconfig/firstboot? I've tried setting ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash/awk and for loop to create a template

Source File: google.cz http://czechrepublic.google.com/ http://czechrepublic.google.cz http://czechrepublic.google.com/ http://brno.google.cz http://brno.google.com/ Fail Code root@arisvm ~/g] $ cat trya rm -f ss for i in a.txt do #b=`cat $i|awk '{print $1}'` #c=`cat $i|awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
4 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)