Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Syntax error in perl program. Post 302566748 by veerubiji on Friday 21st of October 2011 04:24:30 AM
Old 10-21-2011
Syntax error in perl program.

Hi,
i am running this code but i am getting syntax error
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use warnings;
use strict;
 use XML::LibXML;
 use XML::LibXML::Reader;
use Data::Dumper;

my $file;
open( $file, 'DTC_Specification_transformed.xml');
	my $reader = XML::LibXML::Reader->new( IO => $file ) or die ("unable to open file");

my %nums;
	 my $number;
	 my $infohash;
while ($reader->nextElement( 'Number' )) {
    my $number = $reader->copyCurrentNode(1)->textContent;

$reader->nextElement( 'Address' ); 
    my $node = $reader->copyCurrentNode(1); 
    my $infohash = {
        house => $node->getElementsByTagName(  'housenumber' )[0]->textContent,
       street => $node->getElementsByTagName(  'streetname')[0]->textContent,
                     };
    $nums{$number} = $infohash;
 }

i am getting syntax error at near ")[" at 21line and at the end "}" at 25 line. how can rectify.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Syntax error in version 4

Hi , I use the following simple perl script to find the yesterday time perl -e ' use POSIX(strftime); print POSIX::strftime("%a %b %e %H:%M:%S %Y", localtime(time-86400*$ARGV))' 1 However in the perl version 4 , it gives me the following error : Do the perl version 4 does not support... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: youareapkman
4 Replies

2. Linux

an error in perl program

Hi I am having a file with 243 lines.. The file format s given below eg P25787 hsa03050 1 P20618 hsa03050 1 P25786 hsa03050 1 P49721 hsa03050 1 P54132 hsa03440 1 Q13472 hsa03470 1 Q05513 hsa04530 hsa04910 hsa04930 3 Q04759 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binnybio
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Grep Error - Possible Syntax?

Alrighty, I'm trying to get a perl script going to search through a bunch of files for me and compile it to a single location. I am currently having troubles on just getting the grep to work. Here is what I currently have: #!/usr/bin/perl open (LOG, "errors.txt") or die ("Unable to open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl syntax help

Im new at scripting and im trying to write a script using perl that will make sure there are 2 command line integer arguments and then check if the 2nd argument is greater than the first. i believe im close but still receive my error message even when i have 2 arguments and the second part gives me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire06
6 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

6. Programming

Perl syntax question

Hallo everybody, I have a following problem - I'm doing a map funciont to fill in a HTML table and I want to use some radiobutton groups. Unfortunatelly, they are grouped by names, so I have to add some "counter" that will divide one row from another, and I'm using CGI.pm for generating the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duskos
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl syntax

I'm a newbie to perl scripting. Can someone please explain the syntax below. Specifically what does -> and => do? $tz->site( => $site); (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl syntax

Query with perl syntax Aim: is to change a perl script to use a new file I was required to replace - entries \"$entries\" with -lib <full_path_to_filename> So in the code detector.pm sub rundetector { my $class = shift; mkdir($resultDirectory); my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa@@
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Perl Syntax Question.

Greetings! Here's what I believe is a "simple one" for the community tonight ;) What I'm trying to do is assign a "true/false" value to a variable depending upon whether a named process (some-process) exists; and then test for this value in the succeeding logic. I banged my head against the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program get a response before the program quits

I created a program, so a kid can practice there math on it. It dispenses varies math problems and the kid must input an answer. I also want it to grade the work they have done, but I can't find the best place for it to print out the grade. I have: if ( $response =~ m/^/ ) { $user_wants_to_quit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germany1517
1 Replies
XML::LibXML::CDATASection(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      XML::LibXML::CDATASection(3)

NAME
XML::LibXML::CDATASection - XML::LibXML Class for CDATA Sections SYNOPSIS
use XML::LibXML; # Only methods specific to CDATA nodes are listed here, # see XML::LibXML::Node manpage for other methods $node = XML::LibXML::CDATASection->new( $content ); DESCRIPTION
This class provides all functions of XML::LibXML::Text, but for CDATA nodes. METHODS
The class inherits from XML::LibXML::Node. The documentation for Inherited methods is not listed here. Many functions listed here are extensively documented in the DOM Level 3 specification (<http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/>). Please refer to the specification for extensive documentation. new $node = XML::LibXML::CDATASection->new( $content ); The constructor is the only provided function for this package. It is required, because libxml2 treats the different text node types slightly differently. AUTHORS
Matt Sergeant, Christian Glahn, Petr Pajas VERSION
2.0110 COPYRIGHT
2001-2007, AxKit.com Ltd. 2002-2006, Christian Glahn. 2006-2009, Petr Pajas. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-02-01 XML::LibXML::CDATASection(3)