Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Noob scripting question with android ADB commands Post 302566704 by Onyoursix on Friday 21st of October 2011 12:02:09 AM
Old 10-21-2011
Oh man that command is money! Thank you!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Noob learning Unix: backup commands

I am trying to learn some unix here and i have some question that i would like to ask: What's the most basic backup command? What is the command to pause a backup? What is the command to resume backup? Can we backup a job that is running ? How can we pause the backup of the job and than... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lotusx
1 Replies

2. Android

Example Linux Commands on Android

In case you are interested, here is a partial list of linux-like commands on Android OS: /sbin adbd devmgr recovery dfta init dfta.sh fat.format redbend_ua /system/bin (partial list) sh date netstat mount umount (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NOOB - Scripting to make an App work

Hello everyone. i work in a school and i ran into an application today that is a real pickle. i know how to make it work, but i would need to script it. The way to make it work would be to have a script check each local user profile on login, see if the directory already exists, do nothing... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: jscan
27 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Noob to Shell Scripting

Hello. I'm attempting to create a shell script to assist me by saving time with one of my hobbies. I am an Android Enthusiast and currently build a few roms for one of the devices. One of the roms I make is ported from a different device to mine (I get the original for the HTC Desire HD and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JHutson456
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Noob Expect Scripting Question

I'm having some difficulty with convincing Expect to do what I need.. I have a loop that waits for input, a specific phrase of text followed by a single word. I need Expect to capture that word following the specific phrase. It should then store the word in a variable. I'm fairly sure it's... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LongLeafTea
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shellscript to copy music from handy to pc over Android Development Bridge (ADB)

Hi Friends, I want to copy my .mp4 files from a file of my mobile to my pc using the programm adb (Android Development Bridge). My Script: ./copyfiletopc /sdcard/Playtube ~/musik/PlayTube \.mp4 #!/bin/bash # $1 = from dir # $2 = to dir # $3 = search # adb is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bergiu
2 Replies

8. Android

Basic commands for android!!

Hi, I have a n android phone and just rooted it. I access it using 'terminal Emulator'. I performed many basic linux-like commands in the terminal like rm,ls,df,reboot etc and they are working fine. But many of them are not like man <something>, clear,du etc. Can any of you please help to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Noob to scripting needs some assistance

Hello, I am in a Unix class and have been out of town. I have been tasked to generate a couple of scripts and ahve never done it before. I have a virtual machine running Ubuntu. The task is below Prompt the system administrator for all valid input parameters Generate a menu to ask which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkeeton81
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total Noob BASH scripting question

Hello All, I have a file of ip addresses called activeips.txt What I'm trying to do is run a simple bash script that has a loop in it. The loop is a cat of the IP addresses in the file. The goal is to run 2 nmap commands to give me outputs where each address in the list has an OS... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dirk_Pitt
11 Replies
PMU(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    PMU(4)

NAME
pmu -- support for Power Management Units found in all Apple laptops and some desktop Power Macintosh computers SYNOPSIS
pmu* at obio? nadb* at pmu? battery* at pmu? smartbat* at pmu? DESCRIPTION
The pmu driver provides support for the Power Management Unit found in Apple laptops and some desktop Power Macintosh computers. Functions controlled by the PMU include the real time clock, ADB, power, batteries, on some laptops like the PowerBook 3400c and similar machines it also controls hotkeys and display brightness, on others it provides an iic(9) bus and on some it controls CPU speed. On many older machines it also provides access to some non-volatile memory and thermal sensors. Not all those features are present on all machines, for instance Power Macintosh G4 and later machines don't have ADB, many more recent laptops have display brightness and backlight control built into the graphics controller instead of the PMU, only a few older PowerBooks use the PMU for CPU speed control and newer machines use a different way to access non-volatile memory. However, all known PMUs so far provide a real time clock and power control. Notes by model Real time clock and power control are present and supported on all machines that can run NetBSD/macppc, ADB is supported when present. PowerBook 2400, 3400c, and 3500 Battery status and thermal sensors found on the mainboard and in the battery pack are supported by the battery(4) driver, val- ues can be read via envsys(4). Hotkeys for brightness control are supported, CPU speed control and parameter RAM are present but unsupported. Power Macintosh G4 ADB is not present, iic(9) is present but unsupported. SEE ALSO
battery(4), cuda(4), nadb(4), nvram(4), obio(4), iic(9) BUGS
Some features are currently unsupported, like the iic(9) bus, access to parameter RAM and CPU speed control. BSD
May 14, 2007 BSD