Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk script problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk script problem Post 302566458 by r00ty on Thursday 20th of October 2011 11:38:20 AM
Old 10-20-2011
My final script is this:
Code:
ARGS=2  
E_WRONGARGS=85 
 if [$# -ne "ARGS"]
then     
echo "Usage: directory template"    
exit $WRONGARGS 
 fi   

args=("$@")  
temp=$RANDOM   

for file in $1/*.txt)  do 
IFS=\$
cat $2
while read line
do
awk -v template=$line '/RAWDISK/ {c=6}! (c--) {if (NR!=1){print template}1}1 $file>$temp  mv $temp $file 
done <$2 
done

But as result i have in new file:
Code:
}
{
GROUP "test"

not

GROUP "test" {
}

Last edited by Franklin52; 10-21-2011 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script Problem

I wrote a awk but doesnt work as expected. The Input File attached input file My awk Script /^.......*EXEC CICS /,/END-EXEC/ { if ( $0 ~ / LINK / ) { tsflag=1 } if ( $0 ~ /EXEC CICS/ && tsflag == 1 ) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with one awk script

Hi , I am having a file having the contents like this file1 ##################### kite kshitij jolly admire in the wing and tell me the secret behind opus 123 and the right of the track ######################### I have to write one awk script to substitue some values with other... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk script

Hi Can anyone help me in this Problem File1 ######################### HOLI 123 AND ONE TWO THREE AMITABH SAMSUNG POLI AND TWO SENSE CRYING WING PPIN TBFLAG I B AND OROLE TB_HOT=" DCT" TB_CAT=" CAT" TC_NOT=" AND" +PIN TB=" HOT" TB_GATE=" KOT" TB_LATE=" MAT" TC=LOT MAT DAT SAT... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with a AWK Script

Hi I am having some contents in my file like this file1 ########################## pin (PIN1) { direction : input ; capacitance : 121 ; max_transition : 231 ; } pin (PIN2) { direction : input ; capacitance : 124 ; max_transition : 421 ;... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script problem

Hi All, I have the following input data: That I'd like to look like this ($2 is the column I'd like it to appear in) where the entries are grouped by date: The code I have at present is: awk 'BEGIN {} { dt = $1 if (dt == dt_prev) { pp = $3 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with an awk Script

hello, first, yes i searched the forum , google and read many tutorials but still have a problem with my script. I have great Problems, because i haven't worked with regular expressions before and never had anything to do with shellscripts. i am a complete Newby in this sort of theme. I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crashvogel
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk script

Hi, I have one csv file with 3 fileds like tmp1.csv 2079|2010Aug|cardilogy 2349|2010Aug|numerology 2213|2010Aug|immunlogy another csv file with code for those specialities spec.csv cardiology|CRD numerology|NMY immunology|IMY i want to replace the contents of file 1 with codes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Man83Nagesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script Problem

Hi , I am having two files FILE1 and FILE2 as shown below I need to search each and every element of Coulumn1 in the FILE1 in FILE2 and Globally replace with the Corresponding element of the Column2 in the FILE2 , For example and1 which is the first element of COl 1 of the FILE1 should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaita
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with awk script

Hi, I have two files Hi, I have two files file1 :> Code: val="10" port="localhost:8080"httpadd="http:\\192.168.0.239" file2 :> Code: val=${val} val="pdssx" port=${port}port="1324"httpadd=${httpadd}httpadd="raamraav"fileloc=${fileloc} file3(or file2) should have following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitin.pathak
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Script Problem

Can someone please explain to me what is wrong with this awk script? echo 74 85 | awk '{ if ( $1 > $2 ) PRESULTS = ( $1 - $2 ); print $0,"=>","P"PRESULTS ; else if ( $1 > $2 ) NRESULTS = ( $2 - $1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
MUSTACHE(1)							  Mustache Manual						       MUSTACHE(1)

NAME
mustache -- Mustache processor SYNOPSIS
mustache <YAML> <FILE> mustache --compile <FILE> mustache --tokens <FILE> DESCRIPTION
Mustache is a logic-less templating system for HTML, config files, anything. The mustache command processes a Mustache template preceded by YAML frontmatter from standard input and prints one or more documents to standard output. YAML frontmatter beings with --- on a single line, followed by YAML, ending with another --- on a single line, e.g. --- names: [ {name: chris}, {name: mark}, {name: scott} ] --- If you are unfamiliar with YAML, it is a superset of JSON. Valid JSON should work fine. After the frontmatter should come any valid Mustache template. See mustache(5) for an overview of Mustache templates. For example: {{#names}} Hi {{name}}! {{/names}} Now let's combine them. $ cat data.yml --- names: [ {name: chris}, {name: mark}, {name: scott} ] --- $ cat template.mustache {{#names}} Hi {{name}}! {{/names}} $ cat data.yml template.mustache | mustache Hi chris! Hi mark! Hi scott! If you provide multiple YAML documents (as delimited by ---), your template will be rendered multiple times. Like a mail merge. For example: $ cat data.yml --- name: chris --- name: mark --- name: scott --- $ cat template.mustache Hi {{name}}! $ cat data.yml template.mustache | mustache Hi chris! Hi mark! Hi scott! OPTIONS
By default mustache will try to render a Mustache template using the YAML frontmatter you provide. It can do a few other things, however. -c, --compile Print the compiled Ruby version of a given template. This is the code that is actually used when rendering a template into a string. Useful for debugging but only if you are familiar with Mustache's internals. -t, --tokens Print the tokenized form of a given Mustache template. This can be used to understand how Mustache parses a template. The tokens are handed to a generator which compiles them into a Ruby string. Syntax errors and confused tags, therefor, can probably be identified by examining the tokens produced. INSTALLATION
If you have RubyGems installed: gem install mustache EXAMPLES
$ mustache data.yml template.mustache $ cat data.yml | mustache - template.mustache $ mustache -c template.mustache $ cat <<data | ruby mustache - template.mustache --- name: Bob age: 30 --- data COPYRIGHT
Mustache is Copyright (C) 2009 Chris Wanstrath Original CTemplate by Google SEE ALSO
mustache(5), mustache(7), gem(1), http://mustache.github.com/ DEFUNKT
May 2010 MUSTACHE(1)