Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] I need help with a text file. Post 302566351 by zaxxon on Thursday 20th of October 2011 08:11:24 AM
Old 10-20-2011
@gvj
No need to advertise in other threads, closing thread.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SOLVED: Text file compare using perl

I have two text file.... One text file contain in this format...... keyvalue.txt \SUM\SUM_cam.c \SUM\SUM_cam.h \SUM\SUM_command.c \SUM\SUM_command.h \SUM\SUM_dab.c \SUM\SUM_dmb.c \SUM\SUM_eventHandler.h \SUM\SUM_eventHandler_dab.c \SUM\SUM_eventHandler_dmb.c ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] merging two files and writing to another file- solved

i have two files as file1: 1 2 3 file2: a b c and the output should be: file3: 1~a 2~b 3~c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solved: Text formatting

What's the best way to format the text file shown below the way in which COlA ColB ColC ColD ---- ---- ---- ---- 70 923 AAA 5864 70 testing AAA 13062 PPPPPP test AAA 142 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe228
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Extract IP from text

Dear friends, I have a file with the text: href="/archive/ip=x.x.x.x">M</a></td> I want to extract just the IP number. I tried sed, awk but i didn't succeed. Any idea? Thank you Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code and data. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tts0
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Text manipulation help

Hello Unix.com How can I sort from a large email list only the emails that finish with .ca domain? cat <list> | grep "\.ca\b" >> <new list> isnt working perfectly. Any tips? Best regards, Galford D. Weller (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Formatting the text file

Hi All, I ahve requirement where I want to put the text file in into proper format. I am wondering how can i achieve that:- Host/Alias Name IP Address Resolved sinuiy01.infra.go2uti.com 10.240.8.158 N sinuid20.devtst.go2uti.com 10.240.8.230 N sinuid21.devtst.go2uti.com... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to print specific text from a file?

Hi All, I have the below text file from which I have to cut particular section starting from PTR_Security_Rpeorting.cpf to PTR_Security_Reporting_Env93_export. Report Model............: "D:\Cognos_Publishing\tmp.a2R94KLQec"\PTR_Security_Reporting.cpf Report Output Script....:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikram_Tanwar12
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Replacing line of text while file is closed

Is it possible to replace a line of text within a file while it's closed with a single command or a script? Please show me an example or point me to a webpage that shows an example. The file has this line of text: LoginGraceTime 100 I want to replace it with the following: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wdg74
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] My script executes poorly as a text file.

Hello again, I have put together a shell script using sed and some shell commands, and it runs pretty well when I am in terminal, but when I save it as a text file and invoke it through the terminal by typing its path, all I get are errors. Can some one give me some hints as to what I am doing... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
thr_join(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					      thr_join(3C)

NAME
thr_join - wait for thread termination SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file...[ library... ] #include <thread.h> int thr_join(thread_t thread, thread_t *departed, void **status); DESCRIPTION
The thr_join() function suspends processing of the calling thread until the target thread completes. The thread argument must be a member of the current process and cannot be a detached thread. See thr_create(3C). If two or more threads wait for the same thread to complete, all will suspend processing until the thread has terminated, and then one thread will return successfully and the others will return with an error of ESRCH. The thr_join() function will not block processing of the calling thread if the target thread has already terminated. If a thr_join() call returns successfully with a non-null status argument, the value passed to thr_exit(3C) by the terminating thread will be placed in the location referenced by status. If the target thread ID is 0, thr_join() finds and returns the status of a terminated undetached thread in the process. If no such thread exists, it suspends processing of the calling thread until a thread for which no other thread is waiting enters that state, at which time it returns successfully, or until all other threads in the process are either daemon threads or threads waiting in thr_join(), in which case it returns EDEADLK. See NOTES. If departed is not NULL, it points to a location that is set to the ID of the terminated thread if thr_join() returns successfully. RETURN VALUES
If successful, thr_join() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
EDEADLK A joining deadlock would occur, such as when a thread attempts to wait for itself, or the calling thread is waiting for any thread to exit and only daemon threads or waiting threads exist in the process. ESRCH No undetached thread could be found corresponding to the given thread ID. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
thr_create(3C), thr_exit(3C), wait(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) NOTES
Using thr_join(3C) in the following syntax, while (thr_join(0, NULL, NULL) == 0); will wait for the termination of all non-daemon threads, excluding threads that are themselves waiting in thr_join(). SunOS 5.10 27 Mar 2000 thr_join(3C)