Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nested if in KSH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Nested if in KSH Post 302566151 by Calbrenar on Wednesday 19th of October 2011 03:29:51 PM
Old 10-19-2011
putting quotes around it fixed it. Thanks both of you!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested calls

Hi all, I have two questions: 1. I have a script (call it A) that call another script (call it B) which in turn call another script (call it C). The strange thing is that when script C hangs script A exists (i.e., will not appear when I call ps command to list all the running processes). Is my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omran
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested variables

Is there any way to do variable nesting using sh? For example: example_1="a test string" example_2="another test" example_3="etc..." i=2 echo ${example_$i} The shell reports: sh: ${example_$i}: bad substitution If not, maybe someone could suggest another method. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevinl33
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested while loops (ksh scripting)

You can use one while inside another? I made the following script (without really knowing if I can use two while) to get 3 numbers different from each other at random: num1=$(( $RANDOM % 10 )) num2=$num1 while do num2=$(( $RANDOM % 10 )) done num3=$num1 while do while do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ale.dle
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested If condition

Hi I have a requirement to create a 2 folder based on there existance if then cd $var_name if then cd $var_name3 mv -fi *.* $var_TargetPath/$var_name/$var_name3 else mkdir -p "$var_name3" chmod 755 "$var_name3" mv -fi *.* $var_TargetPath/$var_name/$var_name3 else mkdir... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: magesh_bala
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH nested loops?

KSH isn't my strong suit but it's what my company has to offer. I've got a script with two nested loops, a FOR and UNTIL, and that works fine. When I add a CASE into the mix I end up getting "Unexpected 'done' at line xx" errors. Any suggestions on this? for divi in at ce ci cm co de di fl... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrice
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested case

Hi there, I have nested case in my script. I am asking user, want to continue? if user press y/Y then my inner case should continue, rather than that my code start from beginning. I would like to continue my inner case until user press n or N. Is any one tell me how can I do? Thanking You,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasparov
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested if else

Hi, i m trying to create script which logic is like below. if ; then x=`cat /tmp/testoutput.log | grep STOP | wc -l` y=`cat /tmp/testoutput.log | grep RUN | wc -l` if ; then echo "process stop" if ; then echo "process running " else echo "file not found" fi ----------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - Need Help Reducing Nested Loops

Hello, I pulled out some old code from an unfinished project the other day and wanted to stream line it better. I know anything beyond a double loop is usually bad practice, and I came up with some logic for later that would no longer require the first loop in the following code that works: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
5 Replies
fixdiv(3alleg4) 						  Allegro manual						   fixdiv(3alleg4)

NAME
fixdiv - Fixed point division. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> fixed fixdiv(fixed x, fixed y); DESCRIPTION
A fixed point value can be divided by an integer with the normal `/' operator. To divide two fixed point values, though, you must use this function. If a division by zero occurs, `errno' will be set and the maximum possible value will be returned, but `errno' is not cleared if the operation is successful. This means that if you are going to test for division by zero you should set `errno=0' before calling fix- div(). Example: fixed result; /* This will put 0.06060 `result'. */ result = fixdiv(itofix(2), itofix(33)); /* This will put 0 into `result'. */ result = fixdiv(0, itofix(-30)); /* Sets `errno' and puts -32768 into `result'. */ result = fixdiv(itofix(-100), itofix(0)); ASSERT(!errno); /* This will fail. */ RETURN VALUE
Returns the result of dividing `x' by `y'. If `y' is zero, returns the maximum possible fixed point value and sets `errno' to ERANGE. SEE ALSO
fixadd(3alleg4), fixsub(3alleg4), fixmul(3alleg4), exfixed(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 fixdiv(3alleg4)