Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Analyzing CPU usage
Operating Systems AIX Analyzing CPU usage Post 302566035 by newaix on Wednesday 19th of October 2011 10:18:31 AM
Old 10-19-2011
Hi zxmaus,

thanks for the response. I have attached cpu details for the problem reported servers.Since now off-business hours cpu usage is below threshold. Below is the lparstat output.

Code:
 lparstat
System configuration: type=Shared mode=Uncapped smt=On lcpu=8 mem=20479 psize=4 ent=3.60
%user  %sys  %wait  %idle physc %entc  lbusy  vcsw phint
----- ----- ------ ------ ----- ----- ------ ----- -----
 12.9   5.0   10.2   71.9  0.70  19.5   24.5 8748351376 265273637

Below lparstat for 2nd server in lpar

Code:
   lparstat
System configuration: type=Shared mode=Capped smt=On lcpu=6 mem=18431 psize=4 ent=2.50
%user  %sys  %wait  %idle physc %entc  lbusy  vcsw phint
----- ----- ------ ------ ----- ----- ------ ----- -----
 20.0   2.6    4.1   73.3  0.61  24.6   25.7 8988174564 4328471475

Please let me know if any flaws in configuration.

Regards
newaix

Last edited by zaxxon; 10-19-2011 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

cpu usage

hi, In response to your cpu usage answer I too read sys/sysinfo.h but , if we put these values to access the repective time fields in the array pst_cpu_time which is a member of the structure pst_dynamic values doesn't seem to match, why is like this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushaga
0 Replies

2. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu usage

when i got the cpu usage values of the all process running in my sytem i see that 140% of the cpu is used. (using ps aux command) i have a 4 cpu system. can we say that averagely 35% of each cpu is used? and if i want to speak more precisely, how can i find out that, which cpu is used at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
4 Replies

4. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU usage

can anyone tell me How to check memory and CPU usage of a certain process (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccp
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

7. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

9. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

10. AIX

Overall CPU Usage

Hi Guys, I am a newbie on the forum. This is my first post, so first of all I would like to introduce myself. I am a SAS Analyst programmer working for an Health Insurance client. SAS is installed on a 16 CPU AIX Server with partitions running with shared processor. I have couple of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhiim2003
2 Replies
PSIZE(1)							  PDB2PQR Manual							  PSIZE(1)

NAME
psize - Get dimensions and other information from PQR files SYNOPSIS
psize [--cfact=value] [--fadd=value] [--space=value] [--gememfac=value] [--gememceil=value] [--ofrac=value] [--redfac=value] {pqrfile} psize {--help | -h} DESCRIPTION
psize derives information from PQR files to preprare the models of proteins and chemicals for electrostatics calculations. The tool calculates dimensions for coarse and fine grids, grid spacings, box size and estimates the memory required to perform an electrostatics calculation. The calculation of this information can be influenced by giving constraints to psize as parameters. OPTIONS
psize accepts the following options: --help, -h Print a help message and exit. --cfact=value Factor by which to expand the molecule dimensions to get the coarse grid dimensions --fadd=value Amount to add to the molecule dimensions to get the fine grid dimensions. --space=value Desired fine mesh resolution. --gememfac=value Number of bytes per grid point required for sequential MG calculation. --gememceil=value Maximum MB allowed for sequential MG calculation. Adjust this to force the script to perform faster calculations (which require more parallelism). --ofrac=value Overlap factor between mesh partitions. --redfac=value Maximum factor by which a domain dimension can be reduced during focusing. SEE ALSO
apbs(1), pdb2pqr(1) AUTHOR
Manuel Prinz <debian@pinguinkiste.de> Wrote this manpage for the Debian System. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Manuel Prinz psize 2008-06-04 PSIZE(1)