Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help in scripting...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in scripting... Post 302565894 by anuajay1988 on Wednesday 19th of October 2011 04:55:21 AM
Old 10-19-2011
201110180036 METAR PABL 180036Z AUTO 13005KT 10SM SCT037 BKN045 OVC055 01/M02 A2986 RMK AO1 PNO=
the first tab is date and time.... which is to be inserted below in time tag.....
third tag is inserted in icao tag.... next tag which is to be checked is 13005kt which has been inserted in
wind tag...
next is 10SM which is equivqlent to 16000m which is to be in visibility tag...
next tags are for sky condition tag... SCT037 BKN045 OVC055.. maximum can be 4 values in this tag.
next is 01/M02... which is temperature and dew point tag..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<decoded_metar_reports version="1.0">
<item>
<icao>PABL</icao>
<station_name>Buckland</station_name>
<country>US: Alaska</country>
<location>65.98N 161.15W</location>
<elevation>7</elevation>
<time>10/18/2011 12:36:00 AM</time>
<temperature>1.0</temperature>
dew_point>-2.0</dew_point>
<rh>80</rh>
<wind>SE (130) at 5</wind>
<visibility>16000</visibility>
<pressure>1011.2</pressure>
<sky_condition>Scattered clouds at 3700ft, Broken clouds at 4500ft, Overcast at 5500ft</sky_condition>
<weather></weather>
<remarks></remarks>
<heat_index>N/A</heat_index>
<wind_chill>-1.9</wind_chill>
<metar>METAR PABL 180036Z AUTO 13005KT 10SM SCT037 BKN045 OVC055 01/M02 A2986 RMK AO1 PNO=</metar> </item>

</decoded_metar_report>

---------- Post updated at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:50 AM ----------

Main thing is that ... we are taking each line from the file consideration and is checked for the above said values and then decode that value in siple language and then insert that value betweent he tags in a new file.... means each line will a single XML tag.... <item> to </item>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

New to scripting

We have a scripting requirement, Background: On a particular path, we compress a load of log files into tar.gz. This is done on an hourly basis throughout the day and it produces files of the following format, 2005-08-05-00-021031.tar.gz as an example. This is done by a script. We need: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_149
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help on scripting

in unix bc command is used as calculator and also for conversion, i want to convert 5f to decimal. but bc dont consider 5f as hex value it considers 5F as hex value. I get 5f from other iteration so i cant change that f to F...is there any way to convert 5f to decimal ot 5f to 5F :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinandantn
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripting Help

Hello all. Like Ive stated before, I am new to world of Unix. I was given the tast to create a script that will concatenate 20 files into one file. I know that the cat command is to be used but I am looking for something to get started on. Again, basically I need to wrtie a script that whill... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndoggy020
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

8. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

10. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies
OD(1)									FSF								     OD(1)

NAME
od - dump files in octal and other formats SYNOPSIS
od [OPTION]... [FILE]... od --traditional [FILE] [[+]OFFSET [[+]LABEL]] DESCRIPTION
Write an unambiguous representation, octal bytes by default, of FILE to standard output. With more than one FILE argument, concatenate them in the listed order to form the input. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. All arguments to long options are mandatory for short options. -A, --address-radix=RADIX decide how file offsets are printed -j, --skip-bytes=BYTES skip BYTES input bytes first -N, --read-bytes=BYTES limit dump to BYTES input bytes -s, --strings[=BYTES] output strings of at least BYTES graphic chars -t, --format=TYPE select output format or formats -v, --output-duplicates do not use * to mark line suppression -w, --width[=BYTES] output BYTES bytes per output line --traditional accept arguments in traditional form --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit Traditional format specifications may be intermixed; they accumulate: -a same as -t a, select named characters -b same as -t oC, select octal bytes -c same as -t c, select ASCII characters or backslash escapes -d same as -t u2, select unsigned decimal shorts -f same as -t fF, select floats -h same as -t x2, select hexadecimal shorts -i same as -t d2, select decimal shorts -l same as -t d4, select decimal longs -o same as -t o2, select octal shorts -x same as -t x2, select hexadecimal shorts For older syntax (second call format), OFFSET means -j OFFSET. LABEL is the pseudo-address at first byte printed, incremented when dump is progressing. For OFFSET and LABEL, a 0x or 0X prefix indicates hexadecimal, suffixes may be . for octal and b for multiply by 512. TYPE is made up of one or more of these specifications: a named character c ASCII character or backslash escape d[SIZE] signed decimal, SIZE bytes per integer f[SIZE] floating point, SIZE bytes per integer o[SIZE] octal, SIZE bytes per integer u[SIZE] unsigned decimal, SIZE bytes per integer x[SIZE] hexadecimal, SIZE bytes per integer SIZE is a number. For TYPE in doux, SIZE may also be C for sizeof(char), S for sizeof(short), I for sizeof(int) or L for sizeof(long). If TYPE is f, SIZE may also be F for sizeof(float), D for sizeof(double) or L for sizeof(long double). RADIX is d for decimal, o for octal, x for hexadecimal or n for none. BYTES is hexadecimal with 0x or 0X prefix, it is multiplied by 512 with b suffix, by 1024 with k and by 1048576 with m. Adding a z suffix to any type adds a display of printable characters to the end of each line of output. --string without a number implies 3. --width without a number implies 32. By default, od uses -A o -t d2 -w 16. AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for od is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and od programs are properly installed at your site, the com- mand info od should give you access to the complete manual. od (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 OD(1)