Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with Sol10 boot error
Operating Systems Solaris Help with Sol10 boot error Post 302565395 by bow tie klr on Monday 17th of October 2011 07:05:25 PM
Old 10-17-2011
Will look up the doc. Im guessing its a sun KB doc? I did find a few things on the oracle KB about errors on the latest patch. It goes back to patch 144500-19. I tried to back out the patch but it wont allow me. It does show in the logs where it created a new bootblock. I'm guessing that may be the problem. I just have not found how to reclaim the old bootblock. I did try recreating a new bootblock with intallboot from the cdrom. But that didn't work either...

answers below...

thanks!

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 10-18-2011 at 02:22 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

2. Solaris

stack space in sol10

we have a solaris 10 box (V440) we are looking for a way to set the stack size for all processes on the system. we know we can use ulimit -s $ ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) unlimited stack(kbytes) 8192 coredump(blocks) unlimited... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

mysql on sol10 x86

i installed the x86 version (32-bit) of mysql community db. looks like the initial install of the pkg was good. however, i've got a few questions here. after the install, i run `/usr/local/mysql/scripts/mysql_install_db --user=mysql` to generate the db's and tables. it looks like a clean install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sol10 on primepower 850

I've got a console that seems to be hung. all other services (ip, etc) work perfectly. in fact, its still in production... we just don't have console access. so i there are two consoles on this guy.. scfc0 and scfc1. using iompadm from fujitsu, this is what i got: # ./iompadm -c FJSVscf3 info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pupp
1 Replies

5. Solaris

difference b/w sol9 & sol10

what is the difference b/w sol9 and sol10 booting procedure?? Recently faced this question with HP... Thiru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathiraju_t
2 Replies

6. Solaris

machine to learn Sol10

Hi What kind of Sun machine, you recommend to buy in order to learn Solaris 10 administration ? I need machine where I can train the following sol10 features : - zfs - solstice suite (RAID 0+1, RAID 5, RAID 1 + 0 ) - containers Please advice sth for reasonable price. thx for help. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
8 Replies

7. SCO

stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot

hi SCO Unix 5.0.6 doesn't boot due to this problem: not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot Knows someone howto solve it? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
16 Replies

8. Solaris

Sol10 - OpenLDAP Auth

Hi, im new to Solaris (10) and need some help please. Situation: Actually is there a Linux (SLES11) OpenLDAP-Server and authentification of Linux-Maschines works pretty sweet. Now i want to put the SOL10 (Sparc) boxes in.... Problem: User Authentification via OpenLDAP on Sol10 doesn´t work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Panzerkampfwagn
3 Replies

9. Solaris

FTPD ls problem on Sol10

Hey guys, i'm pretty sure this is simple enough so i'll go quick. I must be missing something but can't pinpoint it. NOTE: Yes, i should be using proftpd but the architect team is a pain in the butt and it is not possible right now. Sol10 FTP server (zoned) MS vista ftp client. Login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick72
1 Replies
installboot(1M) 														   installboot(1M)

NAME
installboot - install bootblocks in a disk partition SYNOPSIS
installboot bootblk raw-disk-device The boot(1M) program, ufsboot, is loaded from disk by the bootblock program which resides in the boot area of a disk partition. The ufs boot objects are platform-dependent, and reside in the /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory. The platform name can be found using the -i option of uname(1). The installboot utility is a SPARC only program. It is not supported on the architecture. users should use installgrub(1M) instead. bootblk The name of the bootblock code. raw-disk-device The name of the disk device onto which the bootblock code is to be installed; it must be a character device which is read- able and writable. Naming conventions for a SCSI or IPI drive are c?t?d?s? and c?d?s? for an IDE drive. Example 1: Installing UFS Boot Block To install a ufs boot block on slice 0 of target 0 on controller 1 of the platform where the command is being run, use: example# installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0 /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory where ufs boot objects reside. /platform/platform-name/ufsboot second level program to boot from a disk or CD See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ od(1), uname(1), boot(1M), init(1M), kadb(1M), kernel(1M), monitor(1M), reboot(1M), rpc.bootparamd(1M), init.d(4), attributes(5) WARNINGS
The installboot utility fails if the bootblk or openfirmware files do not exist or if the raw disk device is not a character device. 11 Apr 2005 installboot(1M)