Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Macro to put single quotes around character Post 302565327 by tamil.pamaran on Monday 17th of October 2011 02:45:09 PM
Old 10-17-2011
Thanks agama, That did the trick !!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

put double quotes for a column

Hi, I have a file which looks like this, I have stripped most of the columns: 2006,UCA,"02452","NM","1","M","84",123,aa 2006,UCA,"02452","NM","1","L","84",123,bb 2006,UCA,"02452","NM","1","L","84",432,cc 2006,UCA,"02452","NM","1","L","33",213,dd 2006,UCA,"02452","NM","1","L","33",124,ee... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to put quotes ina .sql file

Hi i am new on Unix.......... I have to write a ddl and for tables and I am using single quotes in the comment for the table and its column...........but when i see on the unix server the ' dont show . e.g. DROP TABLE DMR_PURGED; CREATE TABLE DMR_PURGED ( HEALTH_SERVICE_ID ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwalniru
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double quotes or single quotes when using ssh?

I'm not very familiar with the ssh command. When I tried to set a variable and then echo its value on a remote machine via ssh, I found a problem. For example, $ ITSME=itsme $ ssh xxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx "ITSME=itsyou; echo $ITSME" itsme $ ssh xxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx 'ITSME=itsyou; echo $ITSME' itsyou $... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: password636
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single quotes and double quotes

Hi guys, I have a sed line in double quotes which works fine, but I want it to be in single quotes here is the sed line sed "/abc_def/s/\'.*\'/\'\${abc_def}\'/" can some one give the equivalent to the above script in single quotes Thanks a ton (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep single quotes or double quotes

Unix superusers, I am new to unix but would like to learn more about grep. I am very familiar with regular expressions as i have used them for searching text files in windows based text editors. Since I am not very familiar with Unix, I dont understand when one should use GREP with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: george_vandelet
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple occurances of same character with a single character.

Hi all, Greetings, I have the following scenario, The contents of main file are like : Unix|||||forum|||||||||||||||is||||||the||best so||||||be|||||on||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||it And i need the output in the following form: Unix=forum=is=the=best so=be=on=it ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipanchandra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace single quote with two single quotes in perl

Hi I want to replace single quote with two single quotes in a perl string. If the string is <It's Simpson's book> It should become <It''s Simpson''s book> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DushyantG
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having a terrible problem with quotes/single quotes!

Hello. I'm trying to write a bash script that uses GNU screen and have hit a brick wall that has cost me many hours... (I'm sure it has something to do with quoting/globbing, which is why I post it here) I can make a script that does the following just fine: test.sh: #!/bin/bash # make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jondecker76
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put double quotes around numbers

Hi, consider a file which has data such as "random text",912345,"54","finish" "random text",9991236745,"9954","finish" I want to replace the numbers that don't have double quotes around them with ones that do; so the output should be "random text","912345","54","finish" "random... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Storms
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Single Quotes and Double Quotes for prompt PS1

Hi, Trying to change the prompt. I have the following code. export PS1=' <${USER}@`hostname -s`>$ ' The hostname is not displayed <abc@`hostname -s`>$ uname -a AIX xyz 1 6 00F736154C00 <adcwl4h@`hostname -s`>$ If I use double quotes, then the hostname is printed properly but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
3 Replies
SWITCH_ROOT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    SWITCH_ROOT(8)

NAME
switch_root - switch to another filesystem as the root of the mount tree. SYNOPSIS
switch_root [-hV] switch_root newroot init [arg...] DESCRIPTION
switch_root moves already mounted /proc, /dev and /sys to newroot and makes newroot the new root filesystem and starts init process. WARNING: switch_root removes recursively all files and directories on the current root filesystem. OPTIONS
-h, --help show help and exit -V, --version show version number and exit RETURN VALUE
switch_root returns 0 on success and 1 on failure. NOTES
switch_root will fail to function if newroot is not the root of a mount. If you want to switch root into a directory that does not meet this requirement then you can first use a bind-mounting trick to turn any directory into a mount point: mount --bind $DIR $DIR SEE ALSO
mount(8) chroot(2) init(8) mkinitrd(8) AUTHORS
Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com> Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The switch_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Linux June 2009 SWITCH_ROOT(8)