Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pass values from web form to shell script Post 302565139 by hergp on Monday 17th of October 2011 04:48:17 AM
Old 10-17-2011
Does this post describe what you mean? https://www.unix.com/302404675-post7.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on shell script(to pass the values)

only the arguments that are written to the file, my script is (sh /u01app/wkf.sh"$start_no","$name","$Condition","$file_name") like that when ever I run my script I need to write into a new file every time, like wise I have upto10 files with different names.bec my $start_no and $name will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass pl/sql table values to shell script

Hello, i am using '#!/bin/bash', i want to make a loop in pl/sql, this loop takes values from a table according to some conditions, each time the loop choose 3 different variables. What i am not able to do is that during the loop i want my shell script to read this 3 variables and run a shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass values between awk and shell scripts

I know that we can call system command to execute shell script in awk. but it does not return the result of the command executed , but only returns the value of the command executoin status ( 1/0 --> failure / success). Could anyone let me know how to solve this problem. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajnikanth.1912
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filling out Web Form from Script

I am trying to fill out a web form from within a script I am writing. I think that I should be using curl to do this, but I'm not really sure. The form has username and password fields and a submit button. I want to be able to log in from the command line. Html from the site: <h5... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vockleya
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call java program from shell and pass values

Hi All, Can anybody please help me with how can i call my java program from shell and also pass parameter along with it so that the program can interpret the value/int and update the database. Thanks in advance Neha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neha Goyal
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Pass the Output Values from the PL/SQL Procedure to Shell Script?

hi, Could anyone tell me how to pass the output values of the PL/SQL procedure to Shell script and how to store that values in a shell script variable... Thanks in advance... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funonnet
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to submit web form content to a shell script

Hi I was hoping some one could help me with a problem I have. I am trying to collect some information from a web form and save it to a text file. I found an example on this site that is sort of what I am trying to accomplish, the shell script bellow should echo the input back to the browser... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass values to a script called from within another script in shell?

Need ideas on how to achieve the below. We have a script say "profile.sh" which internally calls another existing script called "name.sh" which prompts for the name and age of a person upon execution. When i run profile.sh how can i populate a pre-defined value from another file and pass that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sankasu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass values to a script called from within another script in shell?

Ceiling Light - The Forgotten Element One of the highest details concerning using an LED ceiling panel essentially offer a fantastic dance floor which definitely makes the customers dance right away.They are a quite low cost method of something like a lighting solution, simple collection up,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harveyclayton
1 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)