Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass the pwd to an export command through script? Post 302565101 by zedex on Monday 17th of October 2011 01:34:15 AM
Old 10-17-2011
try expect utility ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

sync samba pwd with aix5.3 pwd

currently, my samba login works just fine. i want my clients to use aix5.3 account to login to samba so they don't have to change samba pwd and aix pwd. i googled, and vi /usr/lib/smb.conf per some of knowledge base, but i could not get to work. aix5.3 and samba 3.0.24.0 thanks in advace..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

How to pass value of pwd as variable in SED to replace variable in a script file

Hi all, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: Main concept is I intend to get current directory of my script file. This script file will be copied to /etc/init.d. A string in this copy will be replaced with current directory value. Below is original script file: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cielle
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass command line argument in shell script?

I need to write a shell script, when I run that script I should pass those arguments if not, then script should not run and pass the error message like invalid option - - should pass the argument. and Exit from the script https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass command line argument in shell script?

I need to write a shell script, when I run that script I should pass those arguments if not, then script should not run and pass the error message like invalid option - - should pass the argument. and Exit from the script (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I pass arguments to system command in a awk script?

Hi I need your help, please How can I pass arguments to system command in a awk script?... for example: byte=substr(cadena,pos,2); system("grep -n byte mapeo.txt"); Does it exist a way? Thanks for advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris21
4 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unable to pass shell script parameter value to awk command in side the same script

Variable I have in my shell script diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk -F'~' ''$2 == "$id"' {print $0}' > $new I could see value of $id is not passing to the awk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass send command in shell script

I am trying to automate a testcase . I am installing some software and it waits for user input after displaying "Do you want to continue ? " I am trying to do this in shell scripting. #!/bin/bash #!/usr/bin/expect -f /usr/bin/expect << EOF spawn apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk expect "*Do you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abdul Navaz
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'pwd' command

Dear all, I am trying to use 'pwd' command in following way. current_directory == /dirA/dirB/test/dirC if ; then do this fi I am not sure how to pass this in command way. Please help! thanking you, emily (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass Arguments to Command from Shell Script

Hi all, I am working on a project, in which I have to connect to Bluetooth low energy device. I am able to connect and do data transfer from command line. But I want to do from script Here is my script #!/bin/bash #sudo hcitool -i hci0 lescan sleep 1 sudo hcitool -i hci0 lecc --random... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin@embdes
8 Replies
ELF2AOUT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       ELF2AOUT(1)

NAME
elf2aout -- convert a NetBSD ELF-format executable to NetBSD a.out format SYNOPSIS
elf2aout elf-file aout-file DESCRIPTION
Reads a fully-linked ELF executable (such as a linked kernel) and produces an equivalent a.out format executable file. The elf2aout utility is used to convert native NetBSD ELF binaries to a.out format, for compatibility with bootblocks and kernel-reading utilities like kvm(3) and kvm_mkdb(8), which currently expect an a.out format kernel. SEE ALSO
elf2ecoff(1), ld(1), kvm(3), a.out(5), elf(5), kvm_mkdb(8) HISTORY
elf2aout was originally developed for NetBSD/pmax by Ted Lemon and was first distributed with the pmax port of NetBSD 1.1. BUGS
elf2aout assumes there are no multiply-referenced symbols in the input ELF symbol section. It may be necessary to link with -x to avoid such duplicate symbols. In some environments, the GNU binutils objcopy(1) utility may be a better solution than elf2aout. BSD
September 30, 1996 BSD