Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris temperory ip change in solaris 9 Post 302564903 by h@foorsa.biz on Saturday 15th of October 2011 09:48:55 AM
Old 10-15-2011
Quote:
Anything i missed here..?
It seems you did the task very well , Nothing left to say.
Quote:
Do i need to add broadcast ip
Broadcast address will be set automatically based on your subnet mask.

Your routing table seems to be okay

Quote:
After changing ips and gateway, do i need new routes so that destination system will reach to my new ip..?
No, You already did

One more thing please post your code or output posting inside code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change solaris to 32bit

Hi Any one know how to change solaris 7 from 64 bit, back to 32 bit,, i know its on sunsolve somewhere but i cant see it. thanks:D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thangorn
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to change hostname and ip in solaris

Dear all, I am going to change the IP address and hostname in my solaris, but I don't know how to do it. If you have any idea or suggestion, please fell free to let me know. Thanks and Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PennyLi
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Change hostname in Solaris 9

Please anyone guide me how to change the hostname in Solaris 9? The IP of the machie is fetched from a DHCP server. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

change passwd remotely in solaris 10

i'm trying to change passwd remotely in unix (solaris) and tried using "expect" but it is not working. Any ideas to change the passwd remotely using a shell script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pharos467
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change root prompt (Solaris)

Hello all. I was wondering if there is a way to change the root prompt. I am using Solaris 10 and would like to have the root prompt display the current directory along with 'SU' to indicate root status. What I have tried so far: /etc/passwd changed the root shell to korn with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertSubnet
10 Replies

6. Solaris

change disk under solaris 6

hi every one , i want to change the failed disk under solaris 6 i know that it's different than other revisions but i havn't a procedure ,can someone help me plz? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris ip Change

Hi all i changed ip of my sunfire V490 machine by using the ifconfig command i modified following files /etc/hosts /etc/netmasks /etc/defaultrouter /etc/inet/ipnodes still when i rebooted the server ip got change. can nyone tell me reasonwhy it happens....... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raynu.sharma
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Change Solaris hostid

Hi, I've searched the UNIX forum looking for a simple procedure how to change\control my Solaris server hostid. I did found few threads but all of them either have broken links to all kinds of scripts or not described simply for some UNIX beginers user like me. Can anyone assist me? I... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: avisht
21 Replies

9. Solaris

Change timezone in Solaris 11

I was trying to change timezone on my new solaris-11 server to US/Pacific, but not successfull. root@tsapp01 # grep TZ /etc/default/init TZ=localtime Can somebody share something on this ? It seems, /etc/TIMEZONE is no longer in use for Solaris 11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)