Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Cannot change the permission of /etc/dfs/sharetab Post 302564681 by h@foorsa.biz on Friday 14th of October 2011 10:18:07 AM
Old 10-14-2011
It seems that your Solaris machine is exposing the file /etc/dfs/sharetab this file determines which directories will be NFS-shared at boot time. Each line is a share command.
Sharefs is a file system like proc file system.
In Solaris 10, there is a new filesystem called sharefs.
This User Gave Thanks to h@foorsa.biz For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Timestamp of File permission change

Hi!! Experts, Is there any way to find the timestamp when the permission of a file was modified?? I mean no change to file contents.. Just the chnage of permissions. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DFS in Unix??

Hello All, I was wondering is there something in Unix/Linux that is similar to Distributed File System in Windows. This will help me keep our file servers highly available if one goes down. Thanks, -n (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Insomniac
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

change permission chmod

Hi, when I launch my perl script, I write on the shell: perl x.pl How I can can change the permission to write only: x to launch the program? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Permission Change Upon Reboot

I have a Sun 4800 running on Solaris 9 OS. Each time I reboot the server the permissions on /tmp are change from root/sys 1777 to root/root 775. This causes a problem as I have custom programs the need this directory set to root/sys. I have search the sun site and can't find a solution. Anybody... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gross
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the default permission of a file

I am creating a file using the UTL_FILE command of oracle. This creates a file with the oracle user id. The file does not have permission for being read by any other user id. Is there a way that I can change this default permission. I tried using umask in the .login. Setting the umask to 022 works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachsamir
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Boot Problems, random messages [/etc/rcS: /etc/dfs/sharetab: cannot create]

Hello All, I have all of a sudden developed issues with booting up one of my Solaris Servers. Upon a routine reboot, I was faced with the following errors: Feb 1 07:56:44 sco1-au-tci scsi: WARNING: /pci@1c,600000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd0): Feb 1 07:56:44 sco1-au-tci Error for Command: read(10)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjtech
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission change query

I need to change permission for a directory from drwxrwxrwx to drwxr--s--T What chmod command will work? What will be the number code to represent the required permission? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change permission for a set of files

Hi there, I want to change from this permission -r-xr-xr-x to -r-xr-xr-- for a set of files under unix. Can someone help me to go-about doing this in one shot. Cheers, RN (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthickrn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the file permission

Guys, I need help. I need to change the .txt file permission after I have reset the file content to 0. The code that reset the file content to 0 is as follows: #!/bin/sh for i in /root/script/*.txt do echo "0" > $i done However, the file is generated by the apache application,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change permission to a directory

Hi, How do i change the permission to read/write to a windows directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lg123
1 Replies
sharefs(7FS)							   File Systems 						      sharefs(7FS)

NAME
sharefs - Kernel sharetab filesystem DESCRIPTION
The sharefs filesystem describes the state of all shares currently loaded by the kernel. It is mounted during boot time as a read-only file at /etc/dfs/sharetab. Filesystem contents are dynamic and reflect the current set of shares in the system. File contents are described in sharetab(4). File contents can be modified as a result of share(1M), sharectl(1M), sharemgr(1M) and changing properties of a zfs(1M) data set. The module may not be unloaded dynamically by the kernel. FILES
/etc/dfs/sharetab System record of shared file systems. SEE ALSO
share(1M), sharectl(1M), sharemgr(1M), zfs(1M), sharetab(4) SunOS 5.11 31 Oct 2007 sharefs(7FS)