Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Guidance needed for a typical shell script with sql query Post 302564249 by Rajesh Putnala on Thursday 13th of October 2011 07:40:11 AM
Old 10-13-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by radoulov
Code:
printf > outputfile 'select 
from 
  bus_event 
where 
  acct_nbr='%s';\n' $(<infile)

I have executed the above code but it throwed an error:
Code:
db_user=`echo $DB_USER_NAME`
db_pwd=`echo $DB_PASSWORD`
db_sid=`echo $TWO_TASK`

`sqlplus -s $db_user/$db_pwd@$db_sid << EOF
set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off
printf > out.txt 'select   * from   bus_event  where   bus_event_seq_nbr='%s';\n' $(<./seqnbr.txt)
exit;
EOF`

Error throwed is -
SP2-0734:: not found

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a SQL query from a shell script

I cannot figure out how to run a SQL script, or just a sqlplus query, from a shell script (bash or ksh). Basically, I need to su - oracle from root and run a query, then test the exit status. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting DB in the Shell Script to do SQL Query

Any link or example to write shell script for the Connecting Oracle for Quering through SQL thanks in advance ... Cheers !! Mehul Doshi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehuldoshi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Sql Query Using Shell Script

HI ALL i have a requirement like this. i have to write a shell script to run a sql query. DB is oracle. once the query is run, the results of the query has to be published in a data file. can you please advice me how to go about it. i am absolutely new to shell scripts and this is a part of my job. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a SQL query in shell script

Hi ALL, I need an help in connecting to oracle database, executing a select query and printing it on the screen. Can any one please write a simple code or psuedo code and let me know. select query returns multiple values( say select name from emp) Thanks in advance LM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lijju.mathew
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

query sql using shell script

query sql using shell script, is it possible? my friend told me to do a file.sql and link to my shell script, but can i query sql using shell script? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

$ symbol in sql query in shell script

Hi Team, Can you please help me to resolve this issue. Am unable to use this $ symbol in sql query in the shell script. For Example: # !/bin/sh export USER_NAME=XXX export PASSWORD=YYY export ORACLE_SID=xamdb echo $ORACLE_SID echo " Session Details ..." ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indira_s
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Sql query through shell script

hey , i am using this code to store value of a sql query and and then use it in other query but after some time , but it is not working. please help #!/bin/bash val_1=$( sqlplus -s rte/rted2@rel76d2 << EOF setting heading off select max(stat_id) from cvt_stats; exit EOF ) nohup... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embed sql query into our shell script?

Hi I would like to embed a sql query in my shell script. Also, before any the sql query is executed, i would like to validate username and password. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I read sql query into shell script?

Hello All, I'm trying to put together a shell script that will: 1. connect to an oracle database 2. execute a query 3. save the output to a csv file I know that I can execute the sqlplus -s user/pass @dbsid and get logged in. What I would like to do is have my query in a separate text... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to execute sql query.

Hi Experts, Need your support. Not able to use sql query alias in shell script. Could you please help me in finding right way to use alias with sql query in shell script. Below is the code i am using. #!/bin/bash sqlplus -s abc/abc@abc << EOF> bcd.csv set trimspool on select zone_id... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
4 Replies
sotruss(1)							   User Commands							sotruss(1)

NAME
sotruss - trace shared library procedure calls SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/sotruss [-f] [-F bindfromlist] [-T bindtolist] [-o outputfile] executable [ executable arguments...] DESCRIPTION
sotruss executes the specified command and produces a trace of the library calls that it performs. Each line of the trace output reports what bindings are occurring between dynamic objects as each procedure call is executed. sotruss traces all of the procedure calls that occur between dynamic objects via the Procedure Linkage Table, so only those procedure calls which are bound via the Procedure Linkage Ta- ble will be traced. See Linker and Libraries Guide OPTIONS
-F bindfromlist A colon-separated list of libraries that are to be traced. Only calls from these libraries will be traced. The default is to trace calls from the main executable only. -T bindtolist A colon-separated list of libraries that are to be traced. Only calls to these libraries will be traced. The default is to trace all calls. -o outputfile sotruss output will be directed to the outputfile. If this option is combined with the -f option then the pid of the executing program will be placed at the end of the filename. By default sotruss output is placed on stderr. -f Follow all children created by fork() and print truss output on each child process. This option will also cause a pid to be output on each truss output line. EXAMPLES
Example 1: An example of sotruss. A simple example shows the tracing of a simple ls command: % sotruss ls | more ls -> libc.so.1:*atexit(0xef7d7d1c, 0x23c00, 0x0) ls -> libc.so.1:*atexit(0x1392c, 0xef7d7d1c, 0xef621bb0) ls -> libc.so.1:*setlocale(0x6, 0x1396c, 0xef621ba8) ls -> libc.so.1:*textdomain(0x13970, 0x1396c, 0xef621ba8) ls -> libc.so.1:*time(0x0, 0xef61f6fc, 0xef621ba8) ls -> libc.so.1:*isatty(0x1, 0xef61f6fc, 0x0) ls -> libc.so.1:*getopt(0x1, 0xeffff8fc, 0x13980) ls -> libc.so.1:*malloc(0x100, 0x0, 0x0) ls -> libc.so.1:*malloc(0x9000, 0x0, 0x0) ls -> libc.so.1:*lstat64(0x23ee8, 0xeffff7a0, 0x0) ... ls -> libc.so.1:*printf(0x13a64, 0x26208, 0x23ef0) ls -> libc.so.1:*printf(0x13a64, 0x26448, 0x23ef0) ls -> libc.so.1:*exit(0x0, 0x24220, 0x2421c) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWtoo | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ld.so.1(1), truss(1), whocalls(1), fork(2), attributes(5) Linker and Libraries Guide SunOS 5.10 12 May 1997 sotruss(1)