Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reading a file extracting information writing to a file Post 302563889 by ahamed101 on Wednesday 12th of October 2011 10:53:33 AM
Old 10-12-2011
Following awk statement, are you sure it is dong what you want?
Code:
details=$( echo "${line}" | cut -c0-300 | awk 'substr($0,266,10)=="          "' | cut -c0-37 )

You can debug the issue by executing the script with set -x.

There are lot of cut commands which may be the culprit.

--ahamed

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reading and Writing file on LAN

Hi gurus I am not a C programmer but I need to read and write files on a computer on LAN using IP address. Suppose on a computer that has an IP 192.168.0.2 Any help or code example. I did in JAVA using URL, but do not know how to do in ANSI-C. In java: ------- URL url = new... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky001
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading a file and writing the file name to a param file.

Hi All, Not sure if this would be in a dummies sectiin or advanced. I'm looking for a script if someone has doen something like this. I have list of files - adc_earnedpoints.20070630.txt adc_earnedpoints.20070707.txt adc_earnedpoints.20070714.txt adc_earnedpoints.20070721.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thebeginer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading ,writing,appending ,manipulating a file.

Hi my prob statement is to create a new file or to append to the 1tst file the followign chages. File 1: txt file. portfolio No a b c d abc 1 Any Any Any charString cds 2 values values values charString efd 3 can can can charString fdg 4 come come come charString... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: szchmaltz
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log File Writing and Reading

Hi all, I have the following shell script code which tries to sftp and writes the log into the log file. TestConnection () { echo 'Connection to ' $DESTUSERNAME@$DESTHOSTNAME $SETDEBUG if ]; then rm $SCRIPT ; fi touch $SCRIPT echo "cd" $REMOTEDIR >> $SCRIPT echo "quit" >>... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: valluvan
10 Replies

5. Programming

I need help with file reading/writing in C

Hello everybody, I'm trying to code a program which makes the following: It sends an ARP request frame and when it gets the reply, extracts the IP address of source and writes it to a .txt file. This is gonna be done with many hosts (with a for() loop), so, the text file would look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from DataBase and Writing to a file

Hi All, Please help me in writing data to a file in one row. In database there is a column which contains large data which does not fit in the file in one row. The column contains list of paths. I want to write these paths to a file in one row. Please find the code below writes : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching two file contents and extracting associated information

Hi, I am new to shell programming and need help. I have File1 with some ID numbers and File2 with ID number and some associated information. I want to match the ID numbers from File1 to contents in File2 and output a third file which pulls out the ID numbers and the associated information with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newpro
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for Log / Bad file and Reading and writing to a flat file

Need to develop a unix shell script for the below requirement and I need your assistance: 1) search for file.log and file.bad file in a directory and read them 2) pull out "Load_Start_Time", "Data_File_Name", "Error_Type" from log file 4) concatinate each row from bad file as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and writing in same file

Hi All, Here is my requirement. I am grepping through the log files and cutting some fields from the file to generate a csv file. Now I have to check if 2nd field is having some fixed value then with the help of 4th field I have to look in same log and run another grep command to retrieve the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmajumder
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading XML file and extracting value

Dear All, I am reading one XML file to extract value from the particular tag:- Sample xml is below:- <KeyValuePairs> <Key>TestString</Key> <Value>Test12_Pollings</Value> </KeyValuePairs> I want to read the value for the KEY tag and there will be multiple key tags :- awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
4 Replies
Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Structure::Atom - Bioperl structure Object, describes an Atom SYNOPSIS
#add synopsis here DESCRIPTION
This object stores a Bio::Structure::Atom FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Kris Boulez Email kris.boulez@algonomics.com APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new() Title : new() Usage : $struc = Bio::Structure::Atom->new( -id => 'human_id', ); Function: Returns a new Bio::Structure::Atom object from basic constructors. Probably most called from Bio::Structure::IO. Returns : a new Bio::Structure::Atom object x() Title : x Usage : $x = $atom->x($x); Function: Set/gets the X coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the X coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is expected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The X coordinate as a number y() Title : y Usage : $y = $atom->y($y); Function: Set/gets the Y coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the Y coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is eypected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The Y coordinate as a number z() Title : z Usage : $z = $atom->z($z); Function: Set/gets the Z coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the Z coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is ezpected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The Z coordinate as a number xyz() Title : xyz Usage : ($x,$y,$z) = $atom->xyz; Function: Gets the XYZ coordinates for an Atom Returns : A list with the value for the XYZ coordinate of the Atom Args : residue() Title : residue Usage : Function: No code here, all parent/child stuff via Entry Returns : Args : icode() Title : icode Usage : $icode = $atom->icode($icode) Function: Sets/gets the icode Returns : Returns the icode for this atom Args : reference to an Atom serial() Title : serial Usage : $serial = $atom->serial($serial) Function: Sets/gets the serial number Returns : Returns the serial number for this atom Args : reference to an Atom occupancy() Title : occupancy Usage : $occupancy = $atom->occupancy($occupancy) Function: Sets/gets the occupancy Returns : Returns the occupancy for this atom Args : reference to an Atom tempfactor() Title : tempfactor Usage : $tempfactor = $atom->tempfactor($tempfactor) Function: Sets/gets the tempfactor Returns : Returns the tempfactor for this atom Args : reference to an Atom segID() Title : segID Usage : $segID = $atom->segID($segID) Function: Sets/gets the segID Returns : Returns the segID for this atom Args : reference to an Atom pdb_atomname() Title : pdb_atomname Usage : $pdb_atomname = $atom->pdb_atomname($pdb_atomname) Function: Sets/gets the pdb_atomname (atomname used in the PDB file) Returns : Returns the pdb_atomname for this atom Args : reference to an Atom element() Title : element Usage : $element = $atom->element($element) Function: Sets/gets the element Returns : Returns the element for this atom Args : reference to an Atom charge() Title : charge Usage : $charge = $atom->charge($charge) Function: Sets/gets the charge Returns : Returns the charge for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigx() Title : sigx Usage : $sigx = $atom->sigx($sigx) Function: Sets/gets the sigx Returns : Returns the sigx for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigy() Title : sigy Usage : $sigy = $atom->sigy($sigy) Function: Sets/gets the sigy Returns : Returns the sigy for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigz() Title : sigz Usage : $sigz = $atom->sigz($sigz) Function: Sets/gets the sigz Returns : Returns the sigz for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigocc() Title : sigocc Usage : $sigocc = $atom->sigocc($sigocc) Function: Sets/gets the sigocc Returns : Returns the sigocc for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigtemp() Title : sigtemp Usage : $sigtemp = $atom->sigtemp($sigtemp) Function: Sets/gets the sigtemp Returns : Returns the sigtemp for this atom Args : reference to an Atom aniso() Title : aniso Usage : $u12 = $atom->aniso("u12", $u12) Function: Sets/gets the anisotropic temperature factors Returns : Returns the requested factor for this atom Args : reference to an Atom, name of the factor, value for the factor id() Title : id Usage : $atom->id("CZ2") Function: Gets/sets the ID for this atom Returns : the ID Args : the ID _remove_residue() Title : _remove_residue Usage : Function: Removes the Residue this Atom is atttached to. Returns : Args : _grandparent() Title : _grandparent Usage : Function: get/set a symbolic reference to our grandparent Returns : Args : perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)