Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Transfer only modified files by SCP Post 302563855 by tushar_spatil on Wednesday 12th of October 2011 09:47:42 AM
Old 10-12-2011
Hi Jayan_ja
Thanks for your quick reply.
I have a,b,c folders and all folders are updated by new files all the day now i have to transfer these modified files to another unix server by SCP
1) script will find the modified files and send output to another file say output.txt
2)now it will transfer modified files using that output.txt file by SCP

any help will be appriciable
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX - SCP File Transfer

Hi, How do i know if the files are transferred succesfully when i use SCP to transfer files between 2 servers. One more is i am trying to send all the files in a single shot by using * to save the connection time. So can i know when the scp breakes in the middle scp $sourcepath/*... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer using scp..

Hi Frdz I have a problem like. I need to transfer a file from source to destination (different systems with different IPs) using "scp" command and before transfer the file i have to check the file is available in destination or not, if it is there no need to transfer, otherwise we have to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File transfer using SCP

I have a shell script which uses SCP command to transfer the files from one server to another server. The files are getting transferred successfully, but the problem is the files transferred to the destination server didnot have the permissions as that of the files on the source server. Command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarm
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP During Transfer to SunOS

Hi, I'd like to seek your help in finding the cause of this problem. I utilize SCP command to transfer files from one server to another. I utilize the return code that SCP return so as to verify if transfer is ok or not. Below is a sample code that I created. if scp... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: padi
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp command for file transfer

I am not able to throw a file from server173 to server067 i.e. wlsuser@server173> scp /tmp/harsha.txt wlsuser@server067:/tmp fails However, I am able to pull a file from server173 onto server067's /tmp dir wlsuser@server067> scp wlsuser@server173:/tmp/harsha.txt /tmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl script to transfer newly generated files by scp

Hi all, I have root directory on server 1 say A and having sub directory B now my application generates output files and put in sub directory B. now i need to transfer these files from server1 to server2 by scp which is having same directory structure A and sub directory B I have tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP File Transfer

I have 3 AIX server namely - Server 1 , Server 2 and Server 3. And have done SCP setup between Server 1 and Server 2 so that i dont have to give password when i transfer file from Server 1 to Server 2 by setting public key between the server. Q1. If the unix password of the target server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pash
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP File Transfer

On unix AIX server, when I am trying to transfer file from one directory to another directory on the same server through a program(where i call the script) it gives error "Lost Connection". (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pash
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to multi-transfer splitted files via scp

Hey :3 I am moving some stuff between different servers. I do it like this: scp -r -P 22 -i ~/new.ppk /var/www/bigfile.tar.gz user@123.123.123.123:/var/www/bigfile.tar.gz Lets say, this file is 50 GiB. I would like to know, if its possible to split the file in different parts,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keenora
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial File Transfer using scp

I am trying to transfer a zip file of around 30 MB in my automation script using scp from system A to B. When I manually do scp, file is complete transferred but when automation shell script runs it, zip file is not completely transferred. Stack Trace while doing manual : Executing:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies
GPHOTO2(1)																GPHOTO2(1)

NAME
gphoto2 - command-line gphoto2 client SYNOPSIS
gphoto2 [--debug] [-q | --quiet] [-v | --verbose] [-h | --help] [--list-cameras] [--usb-usermap-script NAME] [--print-usb-usermap] [--list-ports] [--stdout] [--stdout-size] [--auto-detect] [--port PATH] [--speed SPEED] [--camera MODEL] [--filename FILENAME] [--usbid USBID] [-a | --abilities] [--folder FOLDER] [[-R | --recurse] | --norecurse] [-l | --list-folders] [-L | --list-files] [-m NAME | --mkdir NAME] [-r NAME | --rmdir NAME] [-n | --num-files] [-p RANGE | --get-file RANGE] [-P | --get-all-files] [-t RANGE | --get-thumbnail RANGE] [-T | --get-all-thumbnails] [-r RANGE | --get-raw-data RANGE] [--get-all-raw-data] [--get-audio-data RANGE] [--get-all-audio-data] [-d RANGE | --delete-file RANGE] [-D | --delete-all-files] [-u FILENAME | --upload-file FILENAME] [--capture-preview] [--capture-image] [--capture-movie] [--capture-sound] [--capture-show-info RANGE] [--summary] [--manual] [--about] [--shell] DESCRIPTION
gphoto2(3) is a cross-platform digital camera library, and gphoto2(1) is a command-line client for it. Where an option takes a range of files, thumbnails, or other data, they are numbered beginning at 1. A range is a comma-separated list of numbers or spans (``first-last''). Ranges are XOR (exclusive or), so that ``1-5,3,7'' is equivalent to ``1,2,4,5,7''. --debug Turn on debugging. -q, --quiet Quiet output (default=verbose). -v, --version Display version and exit. -h, --help Display a short usage message. --list-cameras List supported camera models. --usb-usermap-script NAME Use NAME as the hotplug usb script used in the output of --print-usb-usermap. Default is "usbcam". --print-usb-usermap For every camera supported by your version of gphoto2, print the corresponding line for inclusion into the usb.usermap hotplug con- fig file. The script name used in these lines is specified with the --usb-usermap-script option. --list-ports List supported port devices. --stdout Send file to stdout. --stdout-size Print filesize before data. --auto-detect List auto-detected cameras. --port PATH Specify port device. --speed SPEED Specify serial transfer speed. --camera MODEL Specify camera model. Most model names contain spaces: remember to enclose the name in quotes so that the shell knows it is one parameter. For example: --camera "Kodak DC240". --filename FILENAME Specify a filename. --usbid USBID (Expert only) Override USB IDs. -a, --abilities Display camera abilities. -f, --folder FOLDER Specify camera folder (default="/"). -R, --recurse Recursion (default for download). --no-recurse No recursion (default for deletion). -l, --list-folders List folders in folder. -L, --list-files List files in folder. -m, --mkdir NAME Create a directory. -r, --rmdir NAME Remove a directory. -n, --num-files Display number of files. -p, --get-file RANGE Get files given in range. -P, --get-all-files Get all files from folder. -t, --get-thumbnail RANGE Get thumbnails given in range. -T, --get-all-thumbnails Get all thumbnails from folder. -r, --get-raw-data RANGE Get raw data given in range. --get-all-raw-data Get all raw data from folder. --get-audio-data RANGE Get audio data given in range. --get-all-audio-data Get all audio data from folder. --delete-files RANGE Delete files given in range. --delete-all-files Delete all files in folder. -u, --upload-file FILENAME Upload a file to camera. --capture-preview Capture a quick preview. --capture-image Capture an image. --capture-movie Capture a movie. --capture-sound Capture an audio clip. --show-info RANGE Show info. --summary Summary of camera status. --manual Camera driver manual. --about About the camera driver. --shell Start the gphoto2 shell, an interactive environment. See SHELL MODE for a detailed description. SHELL MODE
The following commands are available: cd Change to a directory on the camera. lcd Change to a directory on the local machine. exit, quit, q Exit the gphoto2 shell. get Download the file to the current directory. get-thumbnail Download the thumbnail to the current directory. get-raw Download raw data to the current directory. show-info Show information. delete Delete a file or directory. show-exif Show EXIF information (only if compiled with EXIF support). help, ? Displays command usage. ls List the contents of the current directory on the camera. SEE ALSO
gphoto2(3), gphoto2.txt, gphoto2-cli.txt, http://www.gphoto.org/ EXAMPLES
gphoto2 --list-files List files on camera. gphoto2 --get-file 7-13 Get files number 7 through 13 from the list output by gphoto2 --list-files. gphoto2 --usb-usermap-script gphoto2cam --print-usb-usermap >> /etc/hotplug/usb.usermap Append a line to the hotplug config file /etc/hotplug/usb.usermap for every supported camera, using /etc/hotplug/usb/gphoto2cam for setting up permissions correctly. AUTHOR
The gPhoto2 Team. Man page edited by Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com>. February 2002 GPHOTO2(1)