Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Software assistant swa get does not download patches Post 302563366 by seanm on Tuesday 11th of October 2011 04:54:02 AM
Old 10-11-2011
Software assistant swa get does not download patches

Hi,

I am having some issues setting up and using swa report and swa get. When I use

"swa report -a SEC -a CRIT -x hp_id username -x hp_pw pword -x proxy=http://proxservername:8080"

the report is generated, etc as expected.

However when I execute

"swa get -t /var/spool/sw/ -x allow_existing_depot=true -x hp_id username -x hp_pw pword -x proxy=http://proxservername:8080"

the command executes downloads (allegedly) and processes the 116 updates to the SDUX and completes successfully however when I check the /var/opt/swa/cache there are no files and also when I check the SDUX via "swlist -d @ /var/spool/sw/" it does not show any of the patches required, etc.

There are no errors, etc and even when I run the get command with option -x verbosity=D I see no reason for this failing to download the "download.contents" file shows the required files but just no files seem to download.

Any ideas would be great.

I have also tried simple swa get commands such as "swa get -t /var/spool/swa_depot", etc and see the same results.

Thanks in advance

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I download Solaris 8 or any new Unix Software???

help me with this people. I need to know (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
7 Replies

2. Solaris

how and where can i download sun solaris hpc mpirun software

how and where can i download sun solaris2.8 hpc mprun software?thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingwp
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Download patches using FTP client

Hi all, I want to download patches using any FTP client by connecting to updates.oracle.com site on windows platform.Please advice me on this. I am using windows xp operating system Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Redhat - Software download

Hello, I am not a sysadmin. I wanted to install Redhat linux 64 bit on my PC in a new secondary hard disk. Could you please help me where can I download 64 bit Redhat Linux? I tried on the redhat download page and find out the below mentioned versions Red Hat Linux 7.1 i386 Red Hat Linux... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oradba_arun
5 Replies

5. AIX

List of Installed patches for AIX from given set of patches

I need to find out list of installed patches from given list of patches. I have tried using instfix -f <File containing list of patches> -i -c But I was not able to understand the output of this command. It was like below. bos.perf.tools: :0.0.0.0:?: bos.rte.libc: :0.0.0.0:?: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh Agrawal
4 Replies

6. Programming

Hire Personal Assistant | SEO Virtual Assistant | Data Entry Service | Content Writing

Hello Everyone, Here I am offereing my Services Word Posting Content Posting PDF to excel or word Image to Ms Word typeing Document Creation Video Creation Any type Copy-Paste Ads Posting Article Posting Manual Directory Submission PR Submission Social Bookmarking Web 2.0 Blogs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abseova
1 Replies
uuxqt(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 uuxqt(1M)

NAME
uuxqt - execute remote command requests SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/uucp/uuxqt [-s system] [-x debug-level] DESCRIPTION
uuxqt is the program that executes remote job requests from remote systems generated by the use of the uux command. (mail uses uux for remote mail requests). uuxqt searches the spool directories looking for execution requests. For each request, uuxqt checks to see if all the required data files are available, accessible, and the requested commands are permitted for the requesting system. The Permissions file is used to validate file accessibility and command execution permission. There are two environment variables that are set before the uuxqt command is executed: o UU_MACHINE is the machine that sent the job (the previous one). o UU_USER is the user that sent the job. These can be used in writing commands that remote systems can execute to provide information, auditing, or restrictions. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s system Specifies the remote system name. -x debug-level debug-level is a number from 0 to 9. Higher numbers give more detailed debugging information. FILES
/etc/uucp/Limits /etc/uucp/Permissions /var/spool/locks/* /var/spool/uucp/* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbnuu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mail(1), uucp(1C), uustat(1C), uux(1C), uucico(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 19 May 1993 uuxqt(1M)