Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Suppress a background message in Bash Post 302563306 by Azrael on Monday 10th of October 2011 11:42:29 PM
Old 10-11-2011
Well, I've written a very basic IDS. Sorry for not posting the code in its entirety, but its over 200 lines. It might be a lot to sort through and I really don't want to show it until its finished away. This is the last part I'm on.

Any help would be much appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

suppress bash's "Done" message

Hi, I'm running a background job in my bash script. But when the job quit, bash echos a message like "+ Done xterm". This is annoying. How can I suppress it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: momiji
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppress error message in unzip

I'm creating a bsh shell to unzip a file from one directory into another. The directory that holds the zip files has zip files constantly being added to it, so I am testing it before it does the unzip and more. Right now my code looks like this: unzip -tq $ZIP_PATH/$ZIP_NAME >/dev/null if ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skwyer
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppress error message in shell script

Hi All this is a simple script #! /bin/bash FileCnt=`ls -lrt $DIR/* | wc -l` echo $FileCnt how could i escape the error msg if there are no files in $DIR ls: /home/sayantan/test/files/cnt/*: No such file or directory 0 Looking forward for a quick reply Regards, Newbie... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie07
3 Replies

4. Linux

background processing in BASH

I have script 3 scripts 1 parent 2 children child1 child2 In the code below the 2 child processes fire almost Instantaneously in the background, Is that possible to know the status of pass/fail of each process "as it happens" ? In the present scenario although Child2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

background processing in BASH

I have script 3 scripts 1 parent (p1) and 2 children child1 and child2 I have script 3 scripts 1 parent 2 children child1 child2 In the code below the 2 child processes fire almost Instantaneously in the background, Is that possible to know the status of pass/fail of each process... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppress "Where are you?" Message

biff n pdir=`pwd` # check for null parameter if ; then echo current directory $pdir ls -latr echo else p1=$1 #check for directory entry only if ; then pdir=$p1 echo current directory $pdir cd $pdir ls -latr echo #check for directory entry and file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash tee and background threads

Running centos 2.6, I have a bash script in which I'd like to run a number of background threads in parallel, tee'ing the results of the entire script to one file, while tee'ing the result of each background thread to another. Here's what I'm doing, where the number of csv files control the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heatlamp
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Background tasks in a loop (bash)

I am trying to use a loop to start tasks 0-3, running 0,1,2 in the background with &. FOLDSET=( 0 1 2 3 ) for FOLDSET in ${FOLDSET} do if ; then BACKGRD="&" else BACKGRD="" fi # start task $FOLDSET task1 -nogui -ni -p $PROJ \ epochs=$EPOS ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppress Error Message

How can I suppress a error message being given by awk command in bash shell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prachi Gupta
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function to suppress warning message for specific text and display prompt

In the below bash function multiple variants are input and stored in a variable $variant, and each is written to an out file at c:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out.txt stored on a separate line. # enter variant phox2b() { printf "\n\n" printf "What is the id of the patient getting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
CG_ANNOTATE(1)							   Release 3.7.0						    CG_ANNOTATE(1)

NAME
cg_annotate - post-processing tool for Cachegrind SYNOPSIS
cg_annotate [options] cachegrind-out-file [source-files...] DESCRIPTION
cg_annotate takes an output file produced by the Valgrind tool Cachegrind and prints the information in an easy-to-read form. OPTIONS
-h --help Show the help message. --version Show the version number. --show=A,B,C [default: all, using order in cachegrind.out.<pid>] Specifies which events to show (and the column order). Default is to use all present in the cachegrind.out.<pid> file (and use the order in the file). Useful if you want to concentrate on, for example, I cache misses (--show=I1mr,ILmr), or data read misses (--show=D1mr,DLmr), or LL data misses (--show=DLmr,DLmw). Best used in conjunction with --sort. --sort=A,B,C [default: order in cachegrind.out.<pid>] Specifies the events upon which the sorting of the function-by-function entries will be based. --threshold=X [default: 0.1%] Sets the threshold for the function-by-function summary. A function is shown if it accounts for more than X% of the counts for the primary sort event. If auto-annotating, also affects which files are annotated. Note: thresholds can be set for more than one of the events by appending any events for the --sort option with a colon and a number (no spaces, though). E.g. if you want to see each function that covers more than 1% of LL read misses or 1% of LL write misses, use this option: --sort=DLmr:1,DLmw:1 --auto=<no|yes> [default: no] When enabled, automatically annotates every file that is mentioned in the function-by-function summary that can be found. Also gives a list of those that couldn't be found. --context=N [default: 8] Print N lines of context before and after each annotated line. Avoids printing large sections of source files that were not executed. Use a large number (e.g. 100000) to show all source lines. -I<dir> --include=<dir> [default: none] Adds a directory to the list in which to search for files. Multiple -I/--include options can be given to add multiple directories. SEE ALSO
valgrind(1), $INSTALL/share/doc/valgrind/html/index.html or http://www.valgrind.org/docs/manual/index.html. AUTHOR
Nicholas Nethercote. Release 3.7.0 06/05/2012 CG_ANNOTATE(1)