Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file Post 302563247 by jastanle84 on Monday 10th of October 2011 01:39:48 PM
Old 10-10-2011
Reinstalled Fedora and MySQL

Reinstalled Fedora 14 with 2 gb more on /var and reinstalled MySQL and everything works now. I'm not quite sure what fixed the issue but everything is working fine now. Thanks for your help.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql would not start: missing mysql.sock

I recently installed mysql-standard-5.0.21-solaris9-sparc-64bit.pkg on a Solaris 9 machine (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250). The package installation went very smooth, however, starting mysql is a different story. I get the message below everytime I try to start mysql: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting MySQL daemon

I'm running a FreedBSD server with mysql 4.1. When I start mysqld via the command: # /usr/local/bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql it starts the mysql db (I know because the websites are running off of it) but does not return to a prompt, it will let me type but will not respond unless I restart... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: unispace
15 Replies

4. Programming

MySQL service start error

Hi, I have installed MySql version 5.0.67 in RedHat LINUX version 5. The installation completed successfully. When I am trying to start the service an error occured the error shown below ".......Manager of pid-file quit without updating file" Can anyone help me to fix the problem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanakumar
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] mysql.sock is missing..

mysql.sock file is missing in /opt/lampp/etc/ is there any backup file available in unix... since without that file .. project is not opening.. reply me as soon as possible ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
19 Replies

6. Linux

mysql server start issue

Hi, I have installed mysql in linux box as mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_6.6.. I would like to start the server. But there is no mysql file in this location /etc/init.d/ Please advice how to start the server now !! Thnaks, Mani (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

MySQL (mysqld) fails to start!

Hello, I have recently installed MySql and I encourage an error. I am using Fedora 15 and when I am trying to start mysqld service i am getting the following error message: Starting mysqld (via systemctl): Job failed. See system logs and 'systemctl status' for details. If I try to start it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dot_pro
4 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Mysql missing mysqld.sock (Linux)

I am trying to start a server for a class I am in but... mysql won't start with this error ( ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) ) ---------- Post updated at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:50 PM ---------- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slayer939
2 Replies
MYSQL_ERROR(3)								 1							    MYSQL_ERROR(3)

mysql_error - Returns the text of the error message from previous MySQL operation

SYNOPSIS
Warning This extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_error(3) o PDO::errorInfo string mysql_error ([resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the error text from the last MySQL function. Errors coming back from the MySQL database backend no longer issue warnings. Instead, use mysql_error(3) to retrieve the error text. Note that this function only returns the error text from the most recently executed MySQL function (not including mysql_error(3) and mysql_errno(3)), so if you want to use it, make sure you check the value before calling another MySQL function. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. Returns the error text from the last MySQL function, or '' (empty string) if no error occurred. Example #1 mysql_error(3) example <?php $link = mysql_connect("localhost", "mysql_user", "mysql_password"); mysql_select_db("nonexistentdb", $link); echo mysql_errno($link) . ": " . mysql_error($link). " "; mysql_select_db("kossu", $link); mysql_query("SELECT * FROM nonexistenttable", $link); echo mysql_errno($link) . ": " . mysql_error($link) . " "; ?> The above example will output something similar to: 1049: Unknown database 'nonexistentdb' 1146: Table 'kossu.nonexistenttable' doesn't exist mysql_errno(3), MySQL error codes. PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_ERROR(3)