Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fan failure
Operating Systems Solaris Fan failure Post 302562861 by orange47 on Saturday 8th of October 2011 04:48:58 PM
Old 10-08-2011
i see. there is one small problem. it logs an (one line) error every hour about fan not working.

/offtopic
I wonder why they haven't somehow attached the heatsink to server chassis to spread the heat.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

Fan control

Hi all, Is there any way that I can get some control over th fan in my Evo N400C laptop running OpenBSD 4.0? Right now the fan is running constantly and it woulf be nice if it could be quiet sometime. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Timmy66
1 Replies

2. Hardware

Fan Tray for Sunfire T2000

Recently the rear fan assembly of one of our T2000 servers went faulty. I could replace it immediately with the one from a currently powered off standby machine. But now this one has to be replaced. So I got a quote from our supplier who charges EUR 776 for a new spare part or EUR 405 (all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hergp
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

I just ordered a Mini-Box with no fan!

I just ordered a Mini-Box M350 with a Mini-ITX Intel DM510MO motherboard. NO FAN! I've come to hate the wine of spinning mechanisms in PCs in my quiet home. This one is for surfing the web in my living room (instead of using this laptop), so it doesn't really need much power. If I do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

5. Hardware

How to remove fan from cpu fan chassis?

hi all, kindly help in this matter. Can i check anyone has any experience in removing the CPU fan from its chassis? my fan is spoilt and i wish to replace with other type. See picture below.. http://zone11.codemicroinc.netdna-cdn.com/large_1054367.jpg ---------- Post updated at 05:15 PM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lchunleo
6 Replies

6. Hardware

How to replace the fan in the HP J6000?

Hi all, it is me again..now my HP J6000 fan is spoilt. Based on the error, i suspected it is Fan 1 in the power supply, however there is 3 fans in the power supply, how do i know which is Fan 1? Thanks for your response regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lchunleo
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun v215 Fan Speed

Hi all, I made some calculations and it seems that fans are working more than they supposed to keep the internals at the specified values. Is there a way to adjust this ? I have 2 approaches ; -from ALOM sc|ok prompt -from Solaris 10 or -from a HW Switch I am pretty sure that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: y33t
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)