Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed change text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed change text Post 302562308 by ahamed101 on Thursday 6th of October 2011 01:33:39 PM
Old 10-06-2011
Code:
sed 's/blank.co$/blank.com/g' input_file

Paste a sample input.

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change this file with SED?

I have a file like below: I want to delete the rows which begining with "BC" "CD" and "TY" . then change every fields into one row like this at last delete the head words : USing awk to change it is not hard. I want to know how to do this work using SED ? Thank you! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bejgirl
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change ip using awk or sed .

How to change ip using awk or sed . #cat /etc/hosts 10.151.5.1 server1 10.151.5.2 server2 10.151.5.3 server3 10.151.5.4 server4 10.151.5.5 server5 Output: 10.151.5.1 server1 10.181.5.2 server2 10.151.5.3 server3 10.181.5.4 server4 10.181.5.5 server5 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change one column using sed??

Is there way to use sed to change only one occurence in a colon separated line? I would like to change a file from *:*:rex:rex *:*:simon:rex to *:*:rex:mabry *:*:simon:rex (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rexmabry
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to insert new text and change existing text in a file using SED

Hi all, I need to insert new text and change existing text in a file. For that I used the below line in the command line and got the expected output. sed '$a\ hi... ' shell > shell1 But I face problem when using the same in script. It is throwing the error as, sed: command garbled:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting text records with sed (sed paragraphs)

Hi all, First off, Thank you all for the knowledge I have gleaned from this site! Deleting Records from a text file... sed paragraphs The following code works nearly perfect, however each time it is run on the log file it adds a newline at the head of the file, run it 5 times, it'll have 5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed change in all files

I have a list of property file can each file has name=value kind of key value pair can replace all = with say ; in each file using sed or any other command (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinayshell
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use sed to append text to filenames if text not already present

I have some html with hrefs that contain local links to pdf filenames. These filenames should have standardised names, i.e. there should be a label prior to the ".pdf" filename suffix. There can be many of these links on a single line of text and some may already have the label. For example ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: adb
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed colour change

Hi, I am trying to write a script which will email a backup report from the server, The contents of the email will be: ---------------------- ---- -- ---- ----- ---- ------- ---- ------- ------- | | | | |Chnge|Wkng| | | | | | ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bdoydie
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command: change only twice

Hello, I recently sought help on another thread about how to prefix 2 words in a file with 'pack/'. This is the command: sed --in-place 's/"\(libraries\|objects\)"/"pack\/\1"/g' Background: I have a .json file with the word 'libraries' and 'objects' in it. However, 'libraries' occurs twice;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJ Ruckman
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command not working for me to change text in a file

UNIX gurus I need your help with the following (The server is an AIX box). I have a text file with the following information: ******************************************************** SOME LINES case :WORD1 SOME LINES :WORD2 SOME LINES :WORD3 SOME LINES esac SOME LINES... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: curiousmal
7 Replies
CHSH(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)