Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copyright question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copyright question Post 302562243 by Corona688 on Thursday 6th of October 2011 10:53:41 AM
Old 10-06-2011
The GPL prohibits you from selling things derived directly from source using that license, it's no barrier to just using them. An important distinction that's occasionally forgotten.

Also, code using the LGPL may be used as a dynamically-linked library without license problems -- as long as people who purchase the product can freely see the code for the library, and update the library as they please, it's good. The LGPL for this reason used to be known as the "library GPL".

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copyright Symbol?

Anyone know how to have the copyright symbol display without using the '@' sign or the '(c)' key combinations? Is it available? Not important, just my a... retentive side wishing to shore up some scripts with a true copyright symbol. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spieterman
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append copyright to all files?

I have one file that contain copyright notice, that I would like to append to all files in our directory structure (excluding binaries). How can I do that? Thanks for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SiftinDotCom
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update copyright header on a folder

Hi, I have multiple shell scripts in diffrent folders on server. Most of them contain copyright information like on the third line * Copyright © 2004, 2005, My Inc. All rights reserved. I need to change these headers to * Copyright © 2003, 2009, My Inc. All rights reserved. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
2 Replies
dxlicenses(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     dxlicenses(8)

NAME
dxlicenses - Adds, lists, issues, and deletes software product licenses SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/X11/dxlicenses DESCRIPTION
When you buy software, the vendor from which you purchase the software issues an agreement called a license, which gives you authorization to use the product. Most of the information required by the License Manager can be found on the Product Authorization Key (PAK), which is issued by Compaq when you purchase a software license. Use the License Manager application, dxlicenses, to: Add a licensed software product Modify a licensed software product List a licensed software product Issue a modified license product Delete a licensed software product The License Manager application can be invoked from the CDE Application Manager from the following categories: Application Group: System_Admin System Admin Subgroup: Daily Admin In License Manager, online help is available by clicking on any Help button or by using the Help pull-down menu. FILES
The License Manager application executable file The License Manager help volume The Directory containing License Manager application icons The License Manager defaults file that sets the default values for the X resources SEE ALSO
Commands: lmf(8), lmfsetup(8) Software License Management dxlicenses(8)